Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a used Raptor 700 with Barker Dual pipes, GYTR Pro Flow Intake and a Fuel Programmer. I need some paddles for the dunes. I have heard great things about Skat Trak paddles. I bought Douglas .190 8 inch rims yesterday. I will be doing tree shots. Help selecting a paddle to buy would be much appreciated.

Here I narrowed it down to 4 paddles:

Skat Trak Ripper

22x11-8 10 Paddle
22x11-8 8 Paddle

Skat Trak Hauler

20x10-8 10 Paddle
20x10-8 8 Paddle
21x12-8 10 Paddle
21x12-8 8 Paddle
22x11-8 7 Paddle
22x11-8 8 Paddle

Skat Trak Glider

20x10-8 6 Paddle
22x11-8 7 Paddle

Skat Trak Extreme

21x12x8 10 Paddle
21x12-8 9 Paddle
21x12-8 8 Paddle

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have always ran haulers with no issues. Don't have experience with the other three . I love my haulers.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have always ran haulers with no issues. Don't have experience with the other three . I love my haulers.
What size and paddle # are you running?

·
Registered
532 Posts
20*10*10 , I wish they were 22's on 8 inch rims. O ya 8 paddle.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I ran 22" 7 paddle Haulers and could make it up everyhill without a problem.
After my next build i will forsure run 22" 9 or 10 paddle haulers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When you jump with 22's with the stock set up, do the rub your pipes or heel guards?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Are you planning on more engine work? I'm running 22's hauler 8 paddle on my 08. The engine is not stock. The 06 is running 21x12x8 7 paddle haulers. For tree shots I would go with the extremes due to you catching roots or something that might rip a paddle off. They are more rigid at the base. As far as running 22's with duals, the only problem I have ran into is that they slightly rub my pro armor nerfs with heel guards at high speed. I hope this helps you with your decision.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are you planning on more engine work? I'm running 22's hauler 8 paddle on my 08. The engine is not stock. The 06 is running 21x12x8 7 paddle haulers. For tree shots I would go with the extremes due to you catching roots or something that might rip a paddle off. They are more rigid at the base. As far as running 22's with duals, the only problem I have ran into is that they slightly rub my pro armor nerfs with heel guards at high speed. I hope this helps you with your decision.
I may drop a cam in down the road but as for piston work no. When your talking about high speed, do you mean 40's or 70's?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
For sand dunes yeah. Depends on what sand dunes your talking about.
What dunes are you riding yourself? I run the treeshoots at Walden and definitely recommend the Extremes because of the previous mentioned roots and rocks at creek bottom.
If you were in Walden running a fairly stock bike I would not go over a 20" tire. I run the 21x12x8 Extremes and I chose to gear down my 63hp bike. They were bogging me down on the psycho climbs until I went down a tooth in front. Now I feel the power to bite ratio is spot on.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
What dunes are you riding yourself? I run the treeshoots at Walden and definitely recommend the Extremes because of the previous mentioned roots and rocks at creek bottom.
If you were in Walden running a fairly stock bike I would not go over a 20" tire. I run the 21x12x8 Extremes and I chose to gear down my 63hp bike. They were bogging me down on the psycho climbs until I went down a tooth in front. Now I feel the power to bite ratio is spot on.
I go to Sand Mountain NV, St Anthony ID, Little Sahara UT mostly. I want the best of the best paddles lol I have the "Big 3" Barkers, ProFlow and a programmer. This my first EFI bike.

·
Registered
532 Posts
What sprockets are you running? What gear do you launch in, first or second?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On your say what HP am I at with the Barkers Proflow w/o lid and efi programmer

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
What sprockets are you running? What gear do you launch in, first or second?
13t front/stock rear
2nd gear launch on almost all treeshoots. Its different than hillclimbing a dune face. Theres anywhere from 50' to as little as 5' approach area and its much steeper than dune faces.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
I would say in a full topend drag race in fifth gear they start to rub. It's not bad and doesn't concern me. My 06 with the big 3 with barkers dynoed at 50hp, depends on your elevation, that was at about 2000ft. Easystreet, I to used to live in Colorado and loved the walden dunes. Those are some crazy tree shots. That's why I told him he needs extremes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 38 Posts