Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add aluminum body, swing arm, and a-arm skid plates. I see a lot companies like PRM and Pro Armor not longer manufacture. I have looked at GYTR, but have read the swing arm skid hangs really low compared to some others. I was going to go with Ricochet, but don't love how the bolts aren't recessed. I also considered the cheaper XFR skids found on eBay, but they don't make a-arm plates. Can anyone recommend any other companies that offer a complete setup or possible a-arm skids other than GYTR that have recessed bolt holes?

· Registered
2006 Raptor 700, Big 3
9 Posts
I have not had experience with any aluminum skid plates but I have been looking as well. As of now I am going with an XFR swing arm, DRW (poly) belly skid, and GYTR a-arm skids. I know it isn’t a full set of anything, but I didn’t want the GYTR to hang too low on the swings arm. The only reason I went with the DRW belly skid was because I found it on sale.

· Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
244 Posts
I plan on XFR skid plates and haven't decided on the a arm guards yet. Drw is fairly popular but for some reason I'm leaning towards aluminum skid plates.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not had experience with any aluminum skid plates but I have been looking as well. As of now I am going with an XFR swing arm, DRW (poly) belly skid, and GYTR a-arm skids. I know it isn’t a full set of anything, but I didn’t want the GYTR to hang too low on the swings arm. The only reason I went with the DRW belly skid was because I found it on sale.
I have the same concern about the GYTR swing arm skid. I have the DRW case saver and really like the quality, so no doubt the body skid will be nice. GYTR a-arm skids will be my default if I don't find anything else. Armadillo was another solid company that made nice skid plates, but no more.

· Registered
2,259 Posts
I have a poly DRW chassis skid plate and a 1/4” aluminum swingarm skid from AC Racing. Both are great. I had AC racings chassis skid plate, but had issues with it rattling

I also had pro armor a arm skids at one time. They looked good, but held a lot of dirt and were prone to rattling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
93 Posts
I am looking to add aluminum body, swing arm, and a-arm skid plates. I see a lot companies like PRM and Pro Armor not longer manufacture. I have looked at GYTR, but have read the swing arm skid hangs really low compared to some others. I was going to go with Ricochet, but don't love how the bolts aren't recessed. I also considered the cheaper XFR skids found on eBay, but they don't make a-arm plates. Can anyone recommend any other companies that offer a complete setup or possible a-arm skids other than GYTR that have recessed bolt holes?
I have a GYTR underbelly frame aluminum skid plate for sale for $75 (buyer pays shipping) that is slightly used and no dents, bends, gashes or other noticeable significant wear or damage and is actually in great condition. Let me know if your interested and I can ship it.

· Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
93 Posts
Agreed, I prefer aluminum as well. Leaning towards XFR also, just have to find some decent a-arm skids to go with them.
I have a GYTR underbelly frame ALUMINUM skid plate for sale for $75 (buyer pays shipping) that is slightly used and no dents, bends, gashes or other noticeable significant wear or damage and is actually in great condition. Let me know if your interested and I can ship it.

· Registered
2020 Yamaha 700R
93 Posts
I have the same concern about the GYTR swing arm skid. I have the DRW case saver and really like the quality, so no doubt the body skid will be nice. GYTR a-arm skids will be my default if I don't find anything else. Armadillo was another solid company that made nice skid plates, but no more.
I have a GYTR underbelly frame aluminum skid plate for sale for $75 (buyer pays shipping) that is slightly used and no dents, bends, gashes or other noticeable significant wear or damage and is actually in great condition. Let me know if your interested and I can ship it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts