Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering who makes the strongest skid plates....i already know im getting the prm z swinger skidplate in 1/4" but i dont know if it will work with my +2 swinger??.....but for the engine skid which one should i get??? i was leaning toward the pro armor....it has to be one with the wings to protect some hoses and water pump.....so i think that limits my options to the gytr pro armor and the dg.....which one is the toughest? oh and do they make skids for long travel arms?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
The PRM chassis skid is beefy and has the "wings". That's what I run. The GYT-R is not all that heavy, if you're worried about really needing it. I've only seen +2 a-arm skids fron Armadillo, to fit their own arms.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
The chassis skids with wings have been known to have problems fitting with some nerf bars. I don't see any nerfs on your mod list but I figured I'd mention them anyway if you're thinking of getting them in the future.

The swingarm skid will work with the extended swingarm only if it's got skidplate tabs mounted on it and if it used the OEM mounting points. Many aftermarket swingarms use banshee skid mounts.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Good point Maddog, I had to notch my skid to accomodate my nerfs, just a little on the left but a bunch on the right. And my nerfs mount forward quite a ways.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright good to know guys thanks....and yeah maddog i am looking for ac blackline propegs as we speak.....but im not sure if i should get the blacklines or the regular pro pegs.....thats was gonna be another question for the forum....i dont see many propegs for the 660 which is gay i think....but yeah i guess its gonna be pro armor or prm now on to the nerfs

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
I prefer steel pegs to aluminum anyway, so I'm the wrong guy to complain about a lack of propegs to. I'm running DG nerfs with OEM pegs and the GYTR heel guards. I've got a UM chassis skid that doesn't have the flanges.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have the Moose heal guard nerfs, but I wish I had gone with Pro Armor, they are the best looking heal guard nerfs in my opinion. However, the blackline ones from AC are cool on a black bike.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah maddog the blacklines have replaceable stainless steel pegs and russ the scheme of my bike is blue and black so it would work.....why doesnt pro armor make pro pegs for the 660?

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
I have a DG "Fat Series" chassis skid plate with "wings". I have Pro Armor nerfs installed with no problems. Maddog is correct, some issues with clearance on some brands of nerf bars. Do your homework!

~Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts