Raptor Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went on a hell of a ride on friday! 32 miles up the moutain and 32 miles back down! Went up this trail that was insane. Crown king AZ. My skids more then paid for themselves!!! Here are a couple pics. Also just added some decals, coolant gaurd, rad gaurd, shock covers, and painted my bumper and a arm skids. As you can see, I painted a couple rocks with them!

Just sold my car so I will be getting the 3 mods, and some black baja rims and new tires, stick some paddles on my stock rims powder coated black. Woo hoo!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put about 2 gallons in at the top of the moutain. Keep in mind this was really technical (my way of saying slower lol) riding. Oade it into 4th once or twice.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
MaxxRPM said:
What kind of swinger skid is that?
I believe it is GYTR! Bike looks great! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep that's exactly how my skids look. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
206 Posts
And I thought my skids were bad :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yep that's the run that made me buy a set of GNCCs. I trashed one of my stockers, not to mention my PRM skid cracked at one of the welds. My buddy did it on his yfz, and ruined his clutch and crushed a rim. Awesome run though!! Except I start up north, I live in Prescott.

DJ

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah they are all GYTR skids, and thanks for the compliments! THat is cool Wicked! I have been going up to crown king for ever! Last time I was on the trail though I was like 14 in the back of my dads jeep. That trail is just crazy! We had 5 quads and 4 bikes in our group. One guy had a stock rappy, no skids!!! Didn't stick around after we made it back down to see any damage. He was kinda a tool. lol

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
My first mod will be skids, no doubt about it.......Sounds like a nasty trail.. :eek:

Not try'in to jack your thread, but is there a specific brand of skid that most members would agree are the most durable..I always liked AC Racing, never had a problem...yet !!! :help:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
pile0g00 said:
Depends do you want stainless or alum.?
aluminum I guess.. :3question:

I looking hard at the GYTR stuff..... ;)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Big Mike said:
pile0g00 said:

GYTR... BEST build quality and fitment on the Market! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Flynbyu said:
roc64 said:
Big Mike said:
pile0g00 said:

GYTR... BEST build quality and fitment on the Market! :thumbsup:
ProArmor manufactures items for GYTR.

~Brian

Ok cool, Thanks.. 8)

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Those AZ rocks are killers huh? 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.