Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok after reading the skid plate story, i wanna deff get one put on when i pick up the atv. Now is there a certin brand everyone recomends? i see in alot of sigs have the GYTR Skid plate, that the way to go?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
GYTR skids are really nice.....but you will have to drill a hole out for the oil tank drain, as GYTR put the hole in the wrong spot! No biggy, especially if its not mounted yet.

D

·
0 Posts
PRM has the holes drilled already but I wasnt happy with there mounting setup. Pretty Shitty design :thumbsup:

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
135boom said:
GYTR skids are really nice.....but you will have to drill a hole out for the oil tank drain, as GYTR put the hole in the wrong spot! No biggy, especially if its not mounted yet.
hmm, i have no tools. the tools i did have got lost in the fire, you think that the dealership would do that, or will they charge an arm and leg for doin it?

·
Registered
610 Posts
SIC said:
hmm, i have no tools. the tools i did have got lost in the fire, you think that the dealership would do that, or will they charge an arm and leg for doin it?
What. Where they made out of wood?
Sorry. Couldn't resist. Slap me. ;)
You need to pick up some tools, as a lot of parts need tweaked a little to fit.... as I just found out mounting my skids. Of course, if I had boughten the Pro Armor nerfs first instead of the Tusks I already had, they are designed to work with the Pro Armor chassis skid.

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
I have armadillo full skids, and I have been please with them. Purchased the set from RockyMountain for $231.97 shipped.

As you can see, the holes for the crankcase drain and the reservoir drain are already there. I had no problems mounting them.

Skid plates are definitely the first upgrade I would recommend. (I wish they still looked like they do in the picture below)

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have pro armor and like them i had no problem mounting them, there is a hole there for oil drain. i think u need a 10mm wrench and socket.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pacanis said:
SIC said:
What. Where they made out of wood?
Sorry. Couldn't resist. Slap me. ;)
You need to pick up some tools, as a lot of parts need tweaked a little to fit.... as I just found out mounting my skids. Of course, if I had boughten the Pro Armor nerfs first instead of the Tusks I already had, they are designed to work with the Pro Armor chassis skid.
lol i shoulda saw that comming, heres was what was left after the fire

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lotuseater said:
I have armadillo full skids, and I have been please with them. Purchased the set from RockyMountain for $231.97 shipped.

As you can see, the holes for the crankcase drain and the reservoir drain are already there. I had no problems mounting them.

Skid plates are definitely the first upgrade I would recommend. (I wish they still looked like they do in the picture below)
oh yea, looks pretty simple to mount, right?

·
2 Time (09,10) RF Fantasy FootBall Champ
655 Posts
SIC said:
oh yea, looks pretty simple to mount, right?
The engine skid and the swingarm skid were very simple to mount. The a-arm skid had minor difficulties with the two brackets in the small part of the "A". (See the two holes in the picture. Each had a small 'hook' that bolted on opposite directions over the a-arm)

·
Registered
297 Posts
true. i have DG skids and they are fine, no rattling as some people say they have and they were easy to install and they have the drain hole for your oil plug

1 - 14 of 14 Posts