Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to look for skid plates. For The whole undercarrage and the swing arm. I've found UM and Armadillo. Reasonably priced. Are they decent, Junk, or good? Other brands are open to be recommended. I'm not gonna be to picky. Just because It is something that is needed badly due to my riding area being extremely rocky and allot of tree stumps. Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
824 Posts
i asked about this around a week ago, cause i wanna be prepared for when i go my rappy. from people ive talked to in pms im prob gonna go with the GTYR(sp?) Skid Plates, but as i been told the oil whole on them isnt on the right place, so u either gotta drill a new whole or take it off everytime (which wouldnt be bad thing to do so u could clean out all the crap in there)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I recently got skid plates for my raptor. I got the armadillo plates for the frame and swing arm. I am extremly pleased with them. They are very well made, and are real beefy. They come with all the hardware as do most I guess, and the installation is very simple. I got them from Rockymountainatv.com for a good price. Hope this helps.......

·
Registered
259 Posts
I went with the GYTR skid off ebay brand new out of yamaha box for $60.00 and love it. Changed the oil when I put it on and that was a week ago. The hole is in the right place but I may not have enough left and right play to get the oil plug off but I'll figure something out when the time comes. Hard to get all the dirt out but well worth not having to worry about putting a whole in the motor as bad.

·
Registered
77 Posts
SIC said:
i asked about this around a week ago, cause i wanna be prepared for when i go my rappy. from people ive talked to in pms im prob gonna go with the GTYR(sp?) Skid Plates, but as i been told the oil whole on them isnt on the right place, so u either gotta drill a new whole or take it off everytime (which wouldnt be bad thing to do so u could clean out all the crap in there)
GYTR is expensive but it holds up well!! My raptor has a no name swing arm skid plate and the plastic slid for the chain fell off, the plate is bent everywhere and is total junk. I recommend buying the best swing-arm skid plate you can buy!!!! The rest, engine and A-arms, will not take the beating like the swing arm. I am not saying GYTR is the best but it is good.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been taking it easy with running around my area til I can get a good set of skids. I'm wanting the undercarrage allong with the swing arm and a-arm skids. What about DG skid plates? They decent or Junk?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts