Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to order some skids, should I get the thickest or go in-between? My quad is used for a little bit of everything like most people here.

I have a choice of .125 or .190 on the chassis.

And .125, .190 and .250 on the swinger.

·
Registered
350 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
if weight isn't a concern, go the thickest on both.

word. I went with the DG Laser swingarm skid and am very impressed with it. I opted for proarmor belly and then dg baja a-arm guards.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I got GYT-R all around (when its set up for trails).

My Wife bought the GYT-R stuff for a Christmas present a few years ago, there are just as good a quality plates out there for much less money but I've been impressed with their fit and durability, they have saved many a bent brake rotor. :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey 03Rappy660

what is the trick to put your raptor up in the air like that cause i got my raptor this week and i have to upgrade already the skid plate ( the stock one rip off lol ) and it will be easier to install the new one in this position btw it is dangerous to have the bike like that?

thanks!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Just stick it in gear, shut off the fuel, and lift the front end up and rest it on the grab bar. When your done you need to hold it wide open to start it, dont worry if it doesnt start on the first few cranks, it will.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts