Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a new 2020 and looking to protect the underside from rocks. Don't want any fitment issues or restricted access to oil drain or anything else that would be inconvenient. It looks like these might be my best options since PRM is out of the game. Thoughts on the above offerings? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
All 3 are good quality, only the Gytr and Ricochet have the "wings or deflectors" on the sides of the frame skidplate.
They add more protection for the waterpump and front sides of the cases.
I have all the Gytr skidplates, and am happy with them.

20200921_173755.jpg

20200921_173918.jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Good place to get the GYTRs? Do the wings interfere with nerf bars if I decide to install some? Was looking at the small Alba ones since I have the SE heel guards.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Thanks! Good place to get the GYTRs? Do the wings interfere with nerf bars if I decide to install some? Was looking at the small Alba ones since I have the SE heel guards.
I got all my Gytr parts from Motosport, but i have know idea on Yamaha or Gytr part availibilty anywhere right now.
Ricochet basically looks the same without the cut-outs in the side wings.
Ricochet is also available in anodized colors, and are made to order.
I had one of their swingarm skidplates, and they make good stuff.
As for the nerf bars, I couldn't say if the skidplate wings would contact front mounts for nerf bars or not, but it is very possible they will.
I never run nerf bars, don't like them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I do need to look into dampeners, hopefully that don't have a limited service life. The bottle cover is sexy. I should have known that was the coolant res. I'm obviously not that familiar with my Rappy yet.

Yea, I'm undecided on nerfs, will probably just go w/o for now and see if I can find an excuse or not. Thanks for your help!

I think I ran a Ricochet skid on a TT-R 125LE and believe I was happy with the fitment and price at the time.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
The only service a CCP dampner will need is an o-ring and oil change, cheap and easy, at how many hours I have no idea.
For $200 it's much better than the stick dampners, and $400 less than the next competition.

·
Registered
27 Posts
DRW Performance makes imo the best undercarriage armor. Just nothing for control arms at this time. We run the belly plate, swing arm, Rotor guard, and sprocket guard. He is working on a new swing arm guard for us desert racers in super rocky terrain.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts