Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Lance is still in business and making swingarms. I have two, but have a few buddies that want swingarms and cant get ahold of him.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
As far as I know, he is still in business. He made mine back in March for me. His phone number in his sig line is still the correct number, at least it was when I ordered...

We offer the best suspension components available. From mild to wild. Give me a call for more info and pricing. Mon-Fri 10-6 Mtn. Time. (801)548-2710. Lance

·
Registered
261 Posts
Yes, I am still in business. Having a hard time keeping up with demand so I haven't advertised lately. Please Email @ [email protected]. Swingarms are warranted for the original purchaser for 1 year. Tell the guy to get a hold of me unless it's the same guy from three months ago that broke a drag only arm that went through three different users first... I am no longer making drag parts. Not worth the hassle of building something bare bones and having customers that want them warranted forever regardless how many times it's been sold. Just not logical...Our parts in the past have been made to order, so if a guy that was 160 pounds wanted a lightweight arm he could get one. The problem is that after 5 years in business and 3000+ units (no joke) your bound to have a 160 pound guy sell his drag arm to a 250 lb buddy and say nothing about the fact it was a drag only piece. Now all our stuff is built standard or heavy duty. Not only is it thicker tubing but I have also added gussets for extra support. The last thing I want to see is broken parts!
I have found there is no happy medium between building the volume I do, at the price I sell them, trying to make them in whatever thickness you'd like, never having a failure and having to warranty these forever. Just can't happen. This is why most manufacturers don't give you the choice and why I can't any longer. I will post pics of the latest design. All Raptor arms since about a year ago look like these. Disappointing how a broken part can haunt you forever regardless of the details.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
SLC builds a nice product. We have several a-arms and swing arms and never a problem. Even with a few of our bigger boned dudes....:wow:
Chromed arced +4 and the big guy rides the crap out of it....:cool:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks Woofers! The fact that I will answer to these threads should say a little something about my character, and the fact that the best of the best (D7, White Knuckle, Xtreme Motor Works, Rocket Factory, English Racing, DTR Racing, Cycleworx, Florence Yamaha and 80-90% of the QOTM bikes; to name a few) endorse and run my parts, should say a little something about the quality. Thanks for the support over the years guys!

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Yes, I am still in business. Having a hard time keeping up with demand so I haven't advertised lately. Please Email @ [email protected]. Swingarms are warranted for the original purchaser for 1 year. Tell the guy to get a hold of me unless it's the same guy from three months ago that broke a drag only arm that went through three different users first... I am no longer making drag parts. Not worth the hassle of building something bare bones and having customers that want them warranted forever regardless how many times it's been sold. Just not logical...Our parts in the past have been made to order, so if a guy that was 160 pounds wanted a lightweight arm he could get one. The problem is that after 5 years in business and 3000+ units (no joke) your bound to have a 160 pound guy sell his drag arm to a 250 lb buddy and say nothing about the fact it was a drag only piece. Now all our stuff is built standard or heavy duty. Not only is it thicker tubing but I have also added gussets for extra support. The last thing I want to see is broken parts!
I have found there is no happy medium between building the volume I do, at the price I sell them, trying to make them in whatever thickness you'd like, never having a failure and having to warranty these forever. Just can't happen. This is why most manufacturers don't give you the choice and why I can't any longer. I will post pics of the latest design. All Raptor arms since about a year ago look like these. Disappointing how a broken part can haunt you forever regardless of the details.

Not sure that the arm I saw break was one of yours. It had a similar look but I didn't get close enough to ask. I was just noting I saw one break, first time in 10 years of riding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts