Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is prob a dumb question but here it goes.

between seeing it in movies and messing around with it myself, is there a certin technique when it comes to slidding/spinning around (180,360,ect)
like sometimes ill spin it around and it will just glide right around, but then sometimes it tries to kill me and throws me off :lol:

ive seen in videos with people just spinning around doin 360's, with no prob,

any adivce?

(i havnt had much to practice since the weather has sucked, so ive only messed around a couple days with it, goin out tomorrow hopfully so figured i would ask)

·
Registered
91 Posts
lean to the side you want to go round, then its a case of using your legs/backside to help swing the back of the quad round while using the throttle to also spin the wheels.

it obviously depends on the surface/tires aswell.

practice makes perfect though

another way to do it is lock the rear wheels, turn and again use your backside/legs to help the back of the quad out and then coming off the brake and blending the clutch and throttle to power the wheels the second your off the clutch.

once you get enough practice, you'll be able to do it without much thought, like driving, once you get the hang of it its simple

practice practice practice

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I find that standing up and leaning towards the handlebars and a bit to the inside will lighten the load up on the rears enough to make these spins rather easy with dirt tires on a loose surface (ie gravel or dirt). Wouldn't recommend it in the sand unless it's shallow or harder packed.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ATC-Crazy said:
Ride 3wheelers for a few years. They will teach you how to lean. When I got my first 4wheeler after getting rid of my trike, it felt weird!
i remeber when i was younger my friend had one, so i would just ride with him, and every single time my foot would get pulled under the tire :mad: :lol:

well i went out that day, i practiced a little, but ive been having back problems (just had a x-ray, now they want me to come in for a CAT Scan)
so we only rode for about an hour and i had to stop, it was hurting to much, but i did find a new jump that was fun for the time being :lol:

·
Registered
621 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.