Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a 50th anniversary raptor & a while back I loaded it on a really sh!tty trailer and trailer wheels caved in causing the bike to flip in the air and ended up bending the lower right a arm and the steering stem and the frame a little bit (as far as to my eye)
I straightened the frame (where the stem bolts to, its like a little hoop) and got a new stem and a new arm. The problem i had was that after it had like a little bit of side to side play when turning, which its never had before. and now last week I hit a dirt bike on the street and flipped it again. and now the handle bar is a little twisted to the left.
so when i'm going straight the handle bar is facing slightly to the left
any ideas on what to replace or change any advice would help

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
If it's not an oem stem, the splines may be undersize and loose in the pitmam arm, causing the left/right slack.
I just had this problem with a Caltric brand stem.
If not, the stem is not bottomed out/fully seated against the bearing, and/or the nut is loose.
For bent handlebars, either bend them back or replace them.
And if the frame is bent, if you look around(usually ebay) you can find a frame for $300 or less. Time cosuming to swap everything over, but a simple job with only basic hand tools.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If it's not an oem stem, the splines may be undersize and loose in the pitmam arm, causing the left/right slack.
I just had this problem with a Caltric brand stem.
If not, the stem is not bottomed out/fully seated against the bearing, and/or the nut is loose.
For bent handlebars, either bend them back or replace them.
And if the frame is bent, if you look around(usually ebay) you can find a frame for $300 or less. Time cosuming to swap everything over, but a simple job with only basic hand tools.
the stem is aftermarket soo that spline thing your telling me makes all the sense
might have to try OEM then
appriatate it man

1 - 6 of 6 Posts