Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I've tried adjusting cables and lever in every which way. I've pulled the lockout and case out many time checked over everything made sure nothing was hitting or rubbing. Only other mod done is 10% stiffer springs but it did it with the stock springs too. My issue is it doesn't wanna go in first wen lever is fully disengaged I've also taken a wrench and pulled the clutch lever on the case all the way to the right still same problem. The only way it will go into first is if I feather it out almost near engagement if will pop into first. It shifts through all other gears jus fine but the down shifting is a little rough and at one point it almost felt like tranny was dragging and like the chain had falling off but everything checks out it didn't start doing this till the lockout was installed all was normal with stock plate. Any ideas on wats goin on? :confused:

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
I'm pretty sure you need to bend the clutch cable holder on the case to give the cable a straighter run to the new location on the lockout cover?

Hopefully Chris (FlaWoodsRaptor) will see this thread and post a pic of what he had to do when he installed his.

·
Registered
615 Posts
The slingshot uses the stock clutch cover. nothing on the outside it relocated.

I have one, ended up giving it to a friend of mine because he was going to a 105 bore with a +5 crank so we installed it in his when we did his build because I wasn't planning on installing it until I needed to replace the cluth. We didn't have that issue.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya still use stock case and I also removed one plate and fiber disk as it says to. Only other thing I could think of is to move it one more click counter clockwise but the might be to far as it is now the adjustment on lever and case are almost all the way loose

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Did you buy this new recently? Because the older slingshots you have to mill .060 off the inner hub. if it's a new one it sounds like you don't have the lever shaft correctly timed with the pull button.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I moved shaft one click counter clockwise now it can't even reach the clutch cable... idk full tear down and check it again....

·
VIP
1,019 Posts
Take your finger and push the clutch arm towards the front of the machine until it stops. Now check that the mark on the end of the clutch arm lines up with the arrow mark on the clutch cover. If they do not line up, remove the circlip and re-position the arm until the two marks line up with the arm pushed all the way forward.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts