Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 80hp 778 trail quad which would be better and why? Give pro's and cons please thanks.

·
"Sand Hustler"
1,644 Posts
Direct Drive....All the big guns at FSA ALL have the direct drive setup...ALL the HDD/CUERVO guys have them....They look bomb to! Here is what mine looks like

Here is Racers Edge BIG honda turbo...I hear its hitting 150hp...

HDD
http://www.flickr.com/photos/brettandmisty/5480391463/

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those look cool but this ain't a race quad it's a trail beast but I don't see dropping 400 in a clutch.

·
Registered
316 Posts
heres a pic of my slingshot.............LOL

Attachments

·
"Sand Hustler"
1,644 Posts
Those look cool but this ain't a race quad it's a trail beast but I don't see dropping 400 in a clutch.
OK if its JUST a trail beast then stick with the upgrade that DL provides which you might already have. Those will hold you just fine cause it aint like you will be dumping your clutch.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's the pro's and cons of each please.

·
VALVE DROPPER
940 Posts
Look, if you don't see dropping $400 in a clutch, then you've already made your decision... You're a trip bro...

BTW, the direct drive will set you back $450...

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
DD for my "trail" bike.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah 450-500 I can get a brand new one for 400 and my mind ain't made up. If I buy a slingshot for 250 or 3 then have to turn around and buy a direct drive for 450 I'm out 750 bucks instead of 450 you follow my trip now.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
The DirectDrive Lock-out has a "quick change cover"...which mean's you don't have to take the entire side cover off to access your clutch...which mean's your not buying a new clutch cover gasket, draining the oil and draining your coolant when you do clutch work.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I've owned a SS and a DD. Do it right the first time and get the DD. Lighter, less rotational mass, more clamping force. Don't over analyze it. Look at what the pros run.

If you don't want to spend the $$ now on a lockup, do as brettjsand2000 suggested and get the DL spring kit and use OEM clutch.

Spending all that money on a build and skimping on the clutch setup doesn't make much sense IMO. Put the power to the ground.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've owned a SS and a DD. Do it right the first time and get the DD. Lighter, less rotational mass, more clamping force. Don't over analyze it. Look at what the pros run.

If you don't want to spend the $$ now on a lockup, do as brettjsand2000 suggested and get the DL spring kit and use OEM clutch.

Spending all that money on a build and skimping on the clutch setup doesn't make much sense IMO. Put the power to the ground.
This the answer I've been looking for. I didn't want to waiste money on one just to need the other one. I'm not trying to skimp I've done dropped enough to cause a divorce so why stop now. I was told along time ago if you gotta do a job twice it wasn't done right the first time. Thanks guys do what ya wish with thread now DD it'll be.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Good choice. You won't regret it. Run it with an OEM clutch and you won't have any clutch issues. No need for stiff springs either. I ran OEM springs and had no problems.

·
If it's too loud your too old
6,925 Posts
Good choice. You won't regret it. Run it with an OEM clutch and you won't have any clutch issues. No need for stiff springs either. I ran OEM springs and had no problems.
I'm running mine with 3 stock and 3 aftermarket springs With 3 grams of fly weight. With the lengthened clutch arm it works great pulls easier than the stocker!

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm running mine with 3 stock and 3 aftermarket springs With 3 grams of fly weight. With the lengthened clutch arm it works great pulls easier than the stocker!
DL told me go DD use his clutch kit and his springs. His springs are fine but 2 hours into a ride it gets a little hard on the hand I think just 3 soft oem springs and 3 stiff springs will work fine.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts