Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi new to this i have a 2019raptor 700r with pcf pro design foam filter with air box lid off. My question is I do more trail riding in the mountain then anything else would doing a full Yoshi exhaust be over kill with trail riding since I can't really go fast or would i be better off with a slip on exhaust?

·
Registered
406 Posts
You'll Need a fuel controller for a full exhaust, and likely do now anway.
Factory settings are Lean for emmissions. Now it has no lid And a larger and higher flowing air filter, which=even more lean.
A full exhaust will give a couple more hp than just a muffler.
Most aftermarket headers also have no heat shield or mount for one, so prepare for your right leg to be a little warmer.
And, if you can't use all the power it has now; why add more?
Go with a muffler, and put the header money towards a Power Commander to adjust the air/fuel ratio.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are satisfied with the power, but just want a louder sound, then the slip on is all you need.
Ok ty for replying and one more question with more air coming in will it choke the engine with stock headers? With the pro design foam filter Kit?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Removing the air box lid can be worth 2 hp. The motor may need more fuel to run at the correct A/F ratio. My 2017 was very lean off idle stock and would flame out. A fuel controller fixed my issue. I got a PCV, because I planned on future mods at the time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice that's all I'm doing to mine is what I listed above just was worried about putting a better air intake on it with stock headers if it will hurt the engine

·
Registered
406 Posts
If the air/fuel ratio isn't correct, then the bigger air filter with no lid Can hurt the engine(too lean), regardless if the header is stock or aftermarket.
All an engine is, is an air pump.
More air in(filter/intake) means you have to be able to get more exhaust out, if you want the best performance out of it(and tune accordingly).
And as said above, if you want sound, just get a muffler.

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
Don't think this has to do with what I'm asking ?
I think Gils was just referring to Yoshi headers having the ability to have a heat shield installed as well. In case you did decide for a full exhaust set up and wanted to keep a heat shield. I do 90% of my riding on trails, sure my power is over kill but I would rather have it and not need it.

Welcome to the forum btw

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think Gils was just referring to Yoshi headers having the ability to have a heat shield installed as well. In case you did decide for a full exhaust set up and wanted to keep a heat shield. I do 90% of my riding on trails, sure my power is over kill but I would rather have it and not need it.

Welcome to the forum btw
Oh I see ?. Thinking about going with the big gun evo r slip on thing sounds mean ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If the air/fuel ratio isn't correct, then the bigger air filter with no lid Can hurt the engine(too lean), regardless if the header is stock or aftermarket.
All an engine is, is an air pump.
More air in(filter/intake) means you have to be able to get more exhaust out, if you want the best performance out of it(and tune accordingly).
And as said above, if you want sound, just get a muffler.
Ya pll at pc help me out with maps their good people and thz for the info

·
Super Moderator
7,873 Posts
I originally had the big gun Evo R duals. I started with the single slip on, the ES. Then went to the full on true dual EVO R system, yes they sound and perform awesome for trails. I finally ended up with what is in my sig.... no regrets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts