Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm mostly a sand person, although i do like to play in the mud once in awhile. My question for all you people is this. I'm too poor to go buy bad ass mud tires for only random trips, i've heard that if you swap rear tires to opposite sides you'll get better traction in the gooy slimy mud. Is this true, or should I just leave them the way they are? I'm going this saturday so any help please. thanks.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I just recently reversed mine and noticed a slight increase in traction in loose gravel and sandy dirt. Its better then nothing.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i flipped mine backwards and have only ridden in snow and ice, so not sure yet about mud, it's starting to melt so i'll find out real soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
When I swapped mine I noticed a nice little increase in traction. Nothing huge but definatly noticable and the best part is its free. 8)

·
Registered
203 Posts
take some air of the tire......this will help you get better traction in the mud.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
I reversed mine and noticed a difference. It did alot better in snow and sand :thumbsup:

·
Registered
689 Posts
I am with Grimreaper. I take mine out in alot of mud and really don't have any problems getting around with stock tires not reversed. Mind you i am upgrading tires, but i am doing it because i ride in alot of muddy conditions most of the time. I think if you where only getting in the mud on the occasion and not all the time i wouldn't see why you would have to. I have yet to find a place i could not go because of the lack of tire grip. Now ground clearance is a different story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts