Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone tell me watz wrong..when drag racing if i slam it into 5th gear it will slip. but if i granny shift it it will do fine then i can nail on it and it grabs... could someone help me out here. All of my other gears are fine. I have a 05 660 with jet kit custom pipe and headers and a hot cam. Plz Help me out!! :help:

·
Registered
735 Posts
out of adjustment or worn. You will notice it more in the upper gears because it takes more motor to turn the higher gear ratio aka engine works harder to turn at same speed. Lower gears are geared to be torquey... by slamming into/dropping the clutch, you give a chance to silp, so it does. have you changed your oil....sometimes automotive oild has friction modifiers ...makes wet clutch less effective. Stick to oils made for motorcycles....make sure it is adjusted/engaging all the way (watch the lever on the motor, it should come to rest when the clutch lever is all the way out...it it does this and still slips, i may guess a clutch job is in order, which I woulld step up to the 6 spring hinson (thats what im running and it is great) if the price isnt too much of an option. I had to upgrade after modding my internals of the motor...i was afraid the stock clutch wouldnt hold up long and I was right. good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts