Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys am looking for Raptor700' 2007 of over i only have £3000 and i am struggling find one
any body here selling (uk) or can give me some idea on were to start looking
i tried flee bay but no luck there?

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Thats not a simple task seeing your from over-seas. So i can try and help you but i need your coordinates to help you out. You can also go see a local dealer to try and find one for you tell him what you want and give him a ball-park price...

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
Hi Rabbit,

Welcome to the Raptor forum.

hope you won't think I'm being blunt, but I think you may not find a 700 for 3 grand. Ebay probably is your best starting place, I've seen some go for around 4k but with the new price tag being over £9,000 ($14,000) they hold their value. Dealers tend only to sell ones in really good nik and won't top dollar for them.

Maybe you'd have more luck if you look for a 660 or maybe something totally different like a LTZ400 or even a Banshee :)......I've always had a soft spot for Banshees :thumbsup:

just one more thought, it may be worth trying places like Universal salvage for a stolen recovered one.

Good luck in your search mate.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
it looks like he's spent some money on it. How many hours/miles has it done and hows the service history? It looks nice and clean on the face of it. If it hasn't been abused off road, has been made street legal to a high standard and has had regular oil changes then it's probably a good buy.

Ez

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Too high IMO for a stock 660, don't let shiny wheels blind your decision.

I know prices are likely much different, but I wouldn't pay over $2500 for a stock 660, and you'd be hard pressed to find a 700 for under $3500 where I live.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i live uk manchester but will travel 100 mile for the right quad at the right price.

she looks nice and clean but not cheap for 7 years old.

i was hopping to have some wheels for weekend but this is not looking good

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too high IMO for a stock 660, don't let shiny wheels blind your decision.

I know prices are likely much different, but I wouldn't pay over $2500 for a stock 660, and you'd be hard pressed to find a 700 for under $3500 where I live.

what is a stock bike? may sound like a sillyQ but new to bikes/quading

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
A stock bike is a bike that has no performance mods or aftermarket parts.

Bone stock is where i think it looks like it came right from the factory. ( dont quote me on bone stock i may be wrong).

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Then hes stuck with it! You never really get back the money from aftermarket parts when you decide to sell it. Same for a car...Oh you can try but look at this guy, hes failing miserably! Im sure you can find something better, its there somwhere just waiting for you!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
By 'stock bike' I mean no engine mods, no suspension mods. Fancy wheels and a $200 pipe just don't add much value at all IMO

Sure, it has a pipe, and likely an intake, but with no internal engine mods, and the crappy stock suspension that a 660 have, it's hardly worth 3500 pounds (that's over $5500 US guys). IMO it's worth closer to $1800-2200 US at the most (about $1250 british pounds)

Be patient, keep saving your money. The right bike will come around, just don't rush it and impulse buy something you're not going to be happy with in the long run.

there one on craigslist here for 2800 seg! LOL
Why you gotta make me a liar Aaron ? :rofl:

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
While I agree with your assessment Seg, the comparison doesn't jive on this side of the pond. Initial prices are typically 40% or more above our OTD prices, and the limited number of vehicles keeps the resale much higher as well. It's difficult for any of us on this side of the atlantic to weigh in on prices for machines on Europe.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I agree MD, and I did mention that in a previous post, but still $5500+ for a 7 year old bike that's essentially stock just isn't worth it IMO. I know it's more expensive over there, but really ? That bike's priced too high...

Not to say a 660 is a bad way to go, or that a 7 year old bike isn't still a great bike with lots of potential, I just couldn't fathom paying that much for THAT bike. Even if you stick with a 40% rate above what we're paying, that bike should be under $3k USD

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
guys,

I know £3500 ($5500) seems too much for that 660, but quads are expensive over here. That's about the going rate for that bike. £1250 won't even get you a used and abused spares or repair 660. :( Just take a look at ebay UK.

I mentioned it before, but a new 700 is about £9000 that's somewhere between 14-15 k US$ :mad: and there arn't many around, and now more and more people want street legal quads to ride about on, the prices stay high.

Rabbit, stick at it mate I'm sure you'll find something you like....and atleast it'll hold it's value.

Ez

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
going looking at this for £4100 from ebay Item number: 160605145109

plz give me your opioion befor i buy her. she looks amazing

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
it looks ok. But then again my car looks mint in photos....the reality if much different. I remember seeing that quad on ebay a month or so ago. I remember it being the only place I could find pics of a Raptor with UK GYTR heels guards.

My only observation is that the rear tyres are wrong, it looks like its got front tyres stretched onto 10" rears (standard is 9") that's not a big deal but it will need new rear tyres to make it right.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Wow guys! Price wise thats not fair...What about trying to get one from france or something? Lots of atv's over there!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts