• jb..?weld

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SMALL problem... cracked the case?

i have a very small hole in the casing, chain locked up around the front sproket and broke a piece of the case off... anyone know of a fix and/or where i can find a CASE SAVER?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Re: SMALL problem... cracked the case?

I would try the jb weld. I have had good luck with that stuff.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

I would fix the defective parts right. Then you don't have to worry about it and enjoy your rides and have fun. Nothing ruins a ride with friends than a broken quad and can't fix it until you get home.

·
Registered
135 Posts

:clap: I agree 100% with vermin99. fix it right the first time and have fun riding it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts

Or, I know this happend on my brothers 250r.. We took it to the local weld shop. and had them fix it. cost us $20.... better than replacing a whole side of a case..... :unsure:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

Did you have a case saver on? Stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
153 Posts

Have someone weld it. I had the same thing happen to a KX 125. I had the case replaced by a shop and about 9 months later the bottm end came apart.

·
Registered
104 Posts

any pics ? i was told that u couldt get 1/2 a case. if you have the $ get a new case [$550 gaskets & all] the staelerships around me want $$1550-3550$$ parts & labor! back n 89, my bro broke an ear off the case of my dads warrior the same way . were in the mountians so my dad jb it & we road it later that night [small hole] with in 20 mi of that , same bro last summer put a rock threw stock skids & 2 1/2 in gash in bottom of case [ brand new bike] my dad & bro said 2 jb it, that was Nov '06. rideing it ever since, of corse got alum skids & dont let him touch it any more j/k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts