Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinkin bout haulers what can u guys reccommend..paddles? i dont know enuff bout the tire performance for snow and sand...

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Extremes are heavier duty, I would go with Extremes. I am going to go with 20x10x10 8 paddle extremes. I would go 7 if rockymountain.com sold them, but they don't. If you want more hookup go with a taller tire on 8 inch rims. 22x11x8 7 paddle haulers would hookup reallly well, but the 20x10x10 will slide better. If you want a good tire that is not as light, does not hook up as well, slides better, and is an all around good tire go with the sand stars.

Hope that helps. Other brands will work they are just usually heavier and don't hookup as well, I just listed the most liked tires. You can also get skat track V paddles if you want the characteristicts of a V paddle with less weight, they are more money than the sand stars though. Ok I am rambling now...

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
Question.. Because I'm in the same boat asTalljess (lookin for paddles for snow/sand). Pile, What are the characteristics of a "V" Paddle vs. straight vs. Sandstars offset style "V"? or if anyone else knows.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
V paddle slide better, but don't hook up as well as straight paddles. Honestly I have done alot of riding in the dunes on both and I personally like the hookup of straight paddles and I don't have any problem sliding them, but a lot of people do. Buffed tires with glued on paddles (skat traks) are lighter than formed tires. I think if you ride dunes with tight tree shots (Oregon for example) you might want the V so that you can throw the a$$ around easier, but I don't have tight trails in the dunes that I ride.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think Pile gave a great explanation.

Im running 8 paddle Haulers in 20-10-10 size on Douglas .160 Black labels. They hook up so good, I had to get a longer swingarm to keep the front end down! I can slide with them much easier with the swingarm. Can you say drifting?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts