Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I bought my wife a raptor 350 and it runs super nice and is very good shape for a 05. It has oil and dirt plastered on a few spots of the motor and I tried some simple green and some gunk gel engine degreaser and that took a lot of the stuff off. I was wondering if anyone found something that works fast that can be sprayed on and rinsed off or am I stuck with what i'm doing with a detail brush, I guess I'm ok with a little elbow grease if I have to.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you can use Eagle One aluminum wheel cleaner for those hard stains, you can probably use a small brass bristled brush to clean it with the aluminum wheel cleaner on it and it should clean up pretty good. Just wet it first with water then wash the Eagle One back off good after you've scrubbed it good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply guy's. I got most of it cleaned up. I thought some of the gaskets leaked and the guy said they don't and that's where I thought all the oil and dirt came from. A good idea of what kind of mess I'm dealing with is, when he lubed the chain up it looks like he rolled it forward and dumped oil right out of a quart. It's gonna look almost mint when it done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.