Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flying down a logging road getting sideways around every corner until i took a corner a little too fast. Going about 35-40mph I lost it. The rear end dropped into the ditch and I go flying. I flew 15 or so feet and the rappy rolls 2 or 3 times and lands on the wheels... on top of me.

So, I haven't started pulling the bike apart yet, but i know for a fact i need new levers, new bars, new right headlight, new headlight trim, new headlight bracket, new front brake reservoir, and a parking brake block off kit. I'm looking at buying the Pro-taper SE raptor bend bars with a Rox Speed FX 2" riser.

How many of you use risers? should i even bother spending the 80.00 on it?

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I have a stock parking break assembly if you want to put yours back on. Glad your ok buddy. Its happened to the best of us.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a stock parking break assembly if you want to put yours back on. Glad your ok buddy. Its happened to the best of us.
That would be awesome, how much do you want for it? I don't have much cash cause I'm trying to buy all the stuff that is actually necessary.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Let me dig it out and double check if I still have it all and you can just have it if you pay shipping. You need just the lever on the handle or the whole thing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Let me dig it out and double check if I still have it all and you can just have it if you pay shipping. You need just the lever on the handle or the whole thing?
That would be awesome man. I need the whole thing, My lever is snapped off and the bracket is bent up.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I was flying down a logging road getting sideways around every corner until i took a corner a little too fast. Going about 35-40mph I lost it. The rear end dropped into the ditch and I go flying. I flew 15 or so feet and the rappy rolls 2 or 3 times and lands on the wheels... on top of me.

So, I haven't started pulling the bike apart yet, but i know for a fact i need new levers, new bars, new right headlight, new headlight trim, new headlight bracket, new front brake reservoir, and a parking brake block off kit. I'm looking at buying the Pro-taper SE raptor bend bars with a Rox Speed FX 2" riser.

How many of you use risers? should i even bother spending the 80.00 on it?
I would be willing to bet the piece of shit tin steering stem is bent or twisted as well. I build new ones out of chromoly a lot like the lonestar ones and they wont bend again. You can choose what length you want so that would eliminate the risers. PM me if you want one! they are 120 shipped.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would be willing to bet the piece of shit tin steering stem is bent or twisted as well. I build new ones out of chromoly a lot like the lonestar ones and they wont bend again. You can choose what length you want so that would eliminate the risers. PM me if you want one! they are 120 shipped.
Once I have the ability to lift any weight with my arm or put any weight on my leg I'll get out there and tear it all apart, then I'll let you know.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Sounds good!

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
Hey man, I have what your looking for, I wont be able to get you a shipping quote/shipped till Friday though. I don't see it being very much though. I'll guestimate the entire package (lever, cable, and caliper piece) at around 4lbs though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey man, I have what your looking for, I wont be able to get you a shipping quote/shipped till Friday though. I don't see it being very much though. I'll guestimate the entire package (lever, cable, and caliper piece) at around 4lbs though.
You might be able to fit it into one of those usps flat rate boxes. it think the small one is like 8 or so bucks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey man, dont worry about it. I decided I'm going to get a set of ASV levers, and relocate what is left of my parking brake to the frame next to the tank.

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
No problemo man.

·
Registered
118 Posts
wow that sucks happen to me not to long ago luckly it hurt me more than the 700 Lol..good luck git n her runnin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep. I knew it was when I was going to crash not if i was going to crash.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts