Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I will be going up to the dealer that I've been talking to and as long as no hidden fees pop up outta nowhere I should have my 07 Raptor 700 SE II on friday. I already told him that I dont like the black rims and asked if we could swap them for a set of the standard silver ones and he agreed (I do have a set of Brand new ITP 190s that will fit it in silver already so If anybody wants a set of black SE rims let me know and make me an offer before I go up there!) :thumbsup:


Im pretty much set in my mind to get a dual exhaust for it, but what one has the best preformance? Id love any feedback as well as dyno charts if available.

I will be either adding a PCIII USB or a Dobeck, I am familiar with the PC3's (have one on my R1) but hear some good things about the dobecks. What do you guys recommend? :help:

I will be doing the Airbox Mod also

And I will be installing a twist throttle more then likely ( Yes, im a typical bike guy )

I also see the compression is a bit low on these things and see there are some pistons out there that will bump it up. Stock is 9.2 : 1 I've seen as high as 12.5 : 1
but I also see an 11.1 : 1 and I think thats what I will be going with. Will I need anything else to optomize my performance with this piston setup (based on your guys experiance with these quads) :3question:

This will by my 1st 4 stroke wheeler ( I already have 3 tri z 250's and a Banshee ) So im not really used to modding the single cyl 4 strokes yet ( I still race 2 stroke motocross bikes... and do a damn good job at it LOL) I guess this is just the start of me finally giving up on my 2 strokes. :'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
Barkers(from what everyone says)
I'm proud of my gytr intake and filter and no lid.
15 tooth( I just ordered today)
deffenitly a pcIII
I'm going to go with an 11:1 so if I have to use cheap gas on long trail rides.
if your going to put an 11:1 in I'd put a stage 2 cam in and port the head while you're there :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
I had thought about doing twist throttle as well but after riding it on the trails and what not for awhile it just seems like it's not practicle and might be more of a pain, just my .02. I would like to ride one w/ a 11.1:1 piston to see how much more power comes on from it. I'm going to be going w/a PCIII for me, and deffinantly Dual's. I can't ever see myself going back and getting a 2stroke but I am a bigger guy so. Have fun with it :thumbsup:

Michael
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
11Raptor said:
I had thought about doing twist throttle as well but after riding it on the trails and what not for awhile it just seems like it's not practicle and might be more of a pain, just my .02. I would like to ride one w/ a 11.1:1 piston to see how much more power comes on from it. I'm going to be going w/a PCIII for me, and deffinantly Dual's. I can't ever see myself going back and getting a 2stroke but I am a bigger guy so. Have fun with it :thumbsup:

Michael
Yeah, I was wondering about it on the trails, BUT.... it is a cheap mod (50 bux) and its easily changeable, so If I decide I dont like it I can pull it back off and ebay it. My banshee is a twist and I love it, But It is also balls to the wall power (extremly built).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
SS396ChevelleSS said:
11Raptor said:
I had thought about doing twist throttle as well but after riding it on the trails and what not for awhile it just seems like it's not practicle and might be more of a pain, just my .02. I would like to ride one w/ a 11.1:1 piston to see how much more power comes on from it. I'm going to be going w/a PCIII for me, and deffinantly Dual's. I can't ever see myself going back and getting a 2stroke but I am a bigger guy so. Have fun with it :thumbsup:

Michael
Yeah, I was wondering about it on the trails, BUT.... it is a cheap mod (50 bux) and its easily changeable, so If I decide I dont like it I can pull it back off and ebay it. My banshee is a twist and I love it, But It is also balls to the wall power (extremly built).
Got ya. Hell it might work out to be sweet with the twist, but I haven't tried it...maybe I should, or on second thought i'll just wait for your feed back on it :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
11Raptor said:
SS396ChevelleSS said:
11Raptor said:
I had thought about doing twist throttle as well but after riding it on the trails and what not for awhile it just seems like it's not practicle and might be more of a pain, just my .02. I would like to ride one w/ a 11.1:1 piston to see how much more power comes on from it. I'm going to be going w/a PCIII for me, and deffinantly Dual's. I can't ever see myself going back and getting a 2stroke but I am a bigger guy so. Have fun with it :thumbsup:

Michael
Yeah, I was wondering about it on the trails, BUT.... it is a cheap mod (50 bux) and its easily changeable, so If I decide I dont like it I can pull it back off and ebay it. My banshee is a twist and I love it, But It is also balls to the wall power (extremly built).
Got ya. Hell it might work out to be sweet with the twist, but I haven't tried it...maybe I should, or on second thought i'll just wait for your feed back on it :thumbsup:
Sounds good... Only thing that sucks about buying this raptor is what the MODs are gonna cost me... so far looks like aboue 1200 give or take
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
786 Posts
Yeah, I was wondering about it on the trails, BUT.... it is a cheap mod (50 bux) and its easily changeable, so If I decide I dont like it I can pull it back off and ebay it. My banshee is a twist and I love it, But It is also balls to the wall power (extremly built).
[/quote]

Exactly what I did. Grew up on bike and figured it wouldn't be a big deal. I rode about 30 min. and drove home and got the thumb to put it back on. Sold it on ebay, guy emailed be a few days later saying he flipped his bike the first time he rode it after he put it on. Go figure. Some people like them, some don't.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
SS396ChevelleSS said:
11Raptor said:
SS396ChevelleSS said:
11Raptor said:
I had thought about doing twist throttle as well but after riding it on the trails and what not for awhile it just seems like it's not practicle and might be more of a pain, just my .02. I would like to ride one w/ a 11.1:1 piston to see how much more power comes on from it. I'm going to be going w/a PCIII for me, and deffinantly Dual's. I can't ever see myself going back and getting a 2stroke but I am a bigger guy so. Have fun with it :thumbsup:

Michael
Yeah, I was wondering about it on the trails, BUT.... it is a cheap mod (50 bux) and its easily changeable, so If I decide I dont like it I can pull it back off and ebay it. My banshee is a twist and I love it, But It is also balls to the wall power (extremly built).
Got ya. Hell it might work out to be sweet with the twist, but I haven't tried it...maybe I should, or on second thought i'll just wait for your feed back on it :thumbsup:
Sounds good... Only thing that sucks about buying this raptor is what the MODs are gonna cost me... so far looks like aboue 1200 give or take
Ya thats why mione will be very close to stock for about a year :banghead: cause I gotta save some money for my wedding next year, but after that O ya :grin_nod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
Beaner242 said:
Exactly what I did. Grew up on bike and figured it wouldn't be a big deal. I rode about 30 min. and drove home and got the thumb to put it back on. Sold it on ebay, guy emailed be a few days later saying he flipped his bike the first time he rode it after he put it on. Go figure. Some people like them, some don't.
That bites :confused:
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top