Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rappy 700,,Banshee,,Outlaw525,,ltr450,,YFZ450,,...I already got my 07 rappy 700 but damn, makes me wanna think about trading for something else or just get a new one to play with.I just want the fastest, I do mostly street racing and crusing.Any suggestions welcomed.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
How much money you want to spend?? You can get a banshee and dump money into it and it will screem :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive actually beeb thinking about that shee or the ltr450-my homie just got him one yesterday, gonna ride it today to see what happens. But yea those banshees are sick whe modded.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
and a rappy can be just as sick as a modded shee. just depends on how deep your pockets are :crazy:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
That's so true 07rap... :beer:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
"I do mostly street racing and crusing"

are they street legal in FL? or are you doing some underground race shit?? if i were doing street racing and crusing i'd still stick with the raptor and take that $ for a 2nd bike and put some major mods in it. you have a great start already. and if you get rid of your rappy then put those parts up for sale before your do!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
you doing super moto racing ar just drag racing on the street???? It seem to me that rideing on the street WO would be dragerous shit. JMO

·
Registered
833 Posts
size12 said:
Drop a bike engine in it nice R1 or something now that would fly :eek:
hell if he is street racing why not just buy and R1

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have a few buddies that have LTRs. They are'nt that cool unless you are track racing. Not that fast, too low for trails (and even sand sometimes).

·
Registered
679 Posts
yea the ltr450 isnt that nice looking. it looks plain to me
it looks like it got its looks from the yfz 450 to me. but they are pretty fast.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
NICK said:

are they street legal in FL? or are you doing some underground race shit?? if i were doing street racing and crusing i'd still stick with the raptor and take that $ for a 2nd bike and put some major mods in it. you have a great start already. and if you get rid of your rappy then put those parts up for sale before your do!!! :thumbsup:
Yea they are,,or atleast I think they are,,I received a decal that says "off highway use",so there for i stay on streets that do not begin with I-....gotten chased by cops twice, but they cant hang with a rappy. :lol:

size12 said:
I do some street racing, but DAMN,, not that extreme,,unless someone else drops an R1 into their rappy around here, then I would have to go drop a busa engine in mine. :thumbsup:

oakleynutt said:
you doing super moto racing ar just drag racing on the street???? It seem to me that rideing on the street WO would be dragerous shit. JMO
drag street racing on street and cruising,,but do take it to Crooms over here in florida,that place is just awesome, filled with lots of trails=good times.

raptor660rrider said:
it looks like it got its looks from the yfz 450 to me. but they are pretty fast.
My homeboy just got his ltr450 yesterday and its pretty serious shit..although some guy round here got one and ive raced him a couple of times and he does pull off the line a bit faster than me, once i hit 3rd im passing by him and 4th his way back hitting his brakes and making a u-turn..oh and yea he got exhaust and filter and knows his ride. But that bitch is still nice but wouldnt trade a 700 for it ever :crazy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
What part of Florida you from bro? Im from Ocala and we got a place called Croom there and I was just wondering if by chance it was the same place.

Kyle

·
Registered
679 Posts
rey rey said:
NICK said:

Yea they are,,or atleast I think they are,,I received a decal that says "off highway use",so there for i stay on streets that do not begin with I-....gotten chased by cops twice, but they cant hang with a rappy. :lol:

size12 said:
I do some street racing, but DAMN,, not that extreme,,unless someone else drops an R1 into their rappy around here, then I would have to go drop a busa engine in mine. :thumbsup:

oakleynutt said:
drag street racing on street and cruising,,but do take it to Crooms over here in florida,that place is just awesome, filled with lots of trails=good times.

raptor660rrider said:
My homeboy just got his ltr450 yesterday and its pretty serious shit..although some guy round here got one and ive raced him a couple of times and he does pull off the line a bit faster than me, once i hit 3rd im passing by him and 4th his way back hitting his brakes and making a u-turn..oh and yea he got exhaust and filter and knows his ride. But that bitch is still nice but wouldnt trade a 700 for it ever :crazy:
one of my friends that races got his yfz 450 custom built for racing. spent 23000 $ on it. he knows how to ride and is pretty good. well his friend got a new ltr 450 and got his set up for racing too. well my friend says they are about even until after the holeshot. then his friend on the ltr starts to pull away. but i agree with you, i wouldnt trade my raptor for one of them :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I raced a ltr450 (with about 2 hours on it) with my 06 700 with pcIII and pro flow kit and 15t front sprocket, the ltr had cherry bomb and lid removed.. so it was a pretty fair race, but my 700 took it in every gear, by the time I got to 4th he may as well have just stopped...

·
Registered
200 Posts
Out of all of the new quads that came out in the last few years, the LTR didn't excite me at all........... ::)
When I heard it was 50" wide and had 18" tires I knew it was a track ONLY bike. Great for some but if you live in the midwest with tight tree lined trails it would'nt be worth a dam, IMO. I wish Suzi would come out with an LTZ450 with that motor somehow sqeezed onto a Z400 sized platform........now your talking! :thumbsup:
I drag raced quite a few LTRs out at St. Joe and I only had "1" that could trade wins with me and only "1" that I could NOT beat. Out of the 450s, I think the Yammys and the Hondos are both faster.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts