Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my current project I am going to do:
Ported head (stock size valves) with HD springs
+3 TB
Intake
+5 HR Crank
11.5:1 TQS piston
DMC force 4 duals

Will all the different options I have it narrowed down to three different fuel controllers:

MSD Blaster
PC III
PC V

I was thinking the PC III because so many people have it and I could get tunes that are already really close. However when I was looking into it a couple months ago I thought that the newer MSD Blaster was the way to go? The PC V I'm considering simply because of the Autotune feature (which I know some of you may not like at all) and the option to play with the timing. Just looking for everyone's input on which direction to go.

·
Registered
850 Posts
If you want the auto tune buy the PCV with timing. If not buy the MSD.
As far as maps, it takes a little time but you can edit the maps to work on the fuel controllers. The pcIII to PCV there is an inport funtion in the software to match those up.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess what I am wondering is do many people play with the timing of the PCV? Or is it not worth the hassle? I want something that I can get a pretty good starting point from someone on them forum.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
On my current project I am going to do:
Ported head (stock size valves) with HD springs
+3 TB
Intake
+5 HR Crank
11.5:1 TQS piston
DMC force 4 duals

Will all the different options I have it narrowed down to three different fuel controllers:

MSD Blaster
PC III
PC V

I was thinking the PC III because so many people have it and I could get tunes that are already really close. However when I was looking into it a couple months ago I thought that the newer MSD Blaster was the way to go? The PC V I'm considering simply because of the Autotune feature (which I know some of you may not like at all) and the option to play with the timing. Just looking for everyone's input on which direction to go.
The MSD blaster works really well, but if your leaning towards the PCIII buy the Two Brother's Juice box Pro instead. Why? Because their controller holds multiple PCIII maps that can be switched on the fly without using a laptop.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once I get it dyno tuned will I need to be switching? I can get it dyno tuned right in the city where I live and the elevation isn't to different where I ride.

The only time I would see needing a change is IF (BIG IF) I were ever to go out west and ride in the mountains. As of right now I don't see ever doing that though.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Once I get it dyno tuned will I need to be switching? I can get it dyno tuned right in the city where I live and the elevation isn't to different where I ride.

The only time I would see needing a change is IF (BIG IF) I were ever to go out west and ride in the mountains. As of right now I don't see ever doing that though.
I'd imagine once tuned you wouldn't need the extra map slots.

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
i don't see without a Dyno how you could really adjust the Timing...

There are so many parts you can adjust in the PC5 that you would have to have an autotuner or the display to adjust anything. otherwise you would never really know what part needs adjusting.

I found a shop by me that will tune for $200, that is cheaper then an autotuner, and less hassle for me. Hopefully more accurate, and hopefully they can adjust the timing. even with an autotune i don't think it will adjust timing.

The LCD display looks like the best option for "doing it yourself" but not sure what it's total cost actual is for the display and WB sensor kit.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Msd blaster.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an A/F gauge but that is probably going to get sold with my 660 exhaust because the bung is welded in (sensor screws out but I'd have to order a new bung). Also tuning on a dyno is much easier than trying to watch a little screen while ripping down trails. I just want once and done on the dyno.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
So the Juice Box Pro is pretty much a cheaper better pc3?

Yes. I included a link below to the Juice Box Pro.

http://www.kbmotorsportsonline.com/...rollers/two-brothers-racing-juicebox-pro.html
Juice Box Pro adds performance with map storage, computer optional full customization and the ultimate in PC-based tuning capabilities to the proven Juice Box fuel management platform. Two Brothers Racing, continually dedicated to Top Level Performance, dials in Fuel Injection performance like never before with the Juice Box Pro. Offering memory capacity for up to 10 fully custom fuel maps and virtually limitless tuning potential, the Juice Box Pro revolutionizes the plug-and-tune category of performance electronics.
Custom-Designed Fuel Mapping [DOWNLOAD MAPS]
Juice Box Pro is the only fuel management interface to offer preloaded, dyno tested bike-specific mapping and the ability to fully customize and build your own Power Maps via computer in a simple to- install, user-friendly component.
Through TBR’s Direct Injector Control, the fuel circuits on current sport bikes can be modified both richer and leaner than stock as much as -100% to +250% in any particular area of the power spread with the Juice Box Pro. Also, up to 10 pre-programmed TBR Power Maps (custom made and dyno tested for each Two Brothers Racing exhaust system) are adjustable to your preference. Click Here to download your maps!
Riders can literally select between a TBR Power Map, custom-built maps, or even fine tune low, mid or high rpm ranges while sitting on the bike and without plugging in to a computer. Standard +/- 10% increments from selected map settings, different ranges are available using the supplied Top Tune software.
Computing Power
For racers and riders looking for the ultimate in precise adjustment and fuel map customization and creation, Two Brothers Racing’s Top Tune software [Download Software] allows PC-based Power Map creation at 250-rpm increments and 10 different throttle positions. Modification parameters vary upon make and model of machine and fuel changes made in these increments are automatically interpolated between the rpm and throttle position ranges ensuring a smooth final power curve.
Users can load up to 10 of their personally built Power Maps into the Juice Box Pro and select between them while in the saddle— eliminating the need to “re-boot” with the computer every time a new map is desired.
» Uses OEM style connectors and high quality wiring harnesses.

» Small, Lightweight and Easy-to-Fit on the bike.

» Pre-programmed with TBR Power Maps specific to make, model and style of TBR Exhaust and/or TBR Pro Filter.

» No computer necessary for Top Level fuel management.

» Fully adjustable computer compatibility for ultimate tuning and personalization.

» Software is compatible with Power Commander, so you can download Power Commander maps to the Juice Box Pro
Compare the Juice Box Pro to Power​

1 - 12 of 12 Posts