Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend was our annual Smokin Wheels event. We had over 50 atv racers and 20 buggy racers from Japan come here in Guam to race. Its actually gotten so big Japan and JATV made it part of there race series. So I entered the semi-pro open class to race on Saturday and got a partner for the Open ATV 3 hr endurance race for Sunday. Anyway in the first heat I get a crappy start and after the first turn I'm in 7th out of 16 riders. By the last turn I'd moved up to 4th and was pulling hard on 3rd. It was still the first lap when I hit the 45 ft doubles in 4th gear instead of third and over shoot it by about 10 ft flat landing it hard. My head hit the handlebars and I get bucked off. So I get up and go for the rappy and my knee buckles sideways. I drop, get up again and lip over to the rappy and take off again. I get back around to the next jump witch is a 50 ft finish line table, I go to stand up for the jump and my knee gives out again. This time I pull over and call for the medics. I get taken to the ER where I get a few x-rays and a cat scan. Where I learn that the impact of the landing was so hard my femur hit my tibia and caused it to fracture in 10 places around the top of the bone. The front of it takes the brunt of the injury causing my ACL to become completely separated and several other ligaments to get torn. So after several months and a trip to Japan to finally get over my shoulder injuries I go and bust my knee all to crap. I think my rappy hates me.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Re: So no more riding for me for another 8 weeks

OUCH... Sorry to hear about that.. cant really say at least your ok.. but i guess it could have been worse... I went riding this weekend, and my buddy on his rm250 lost it on the whoops and ended up smaking into a couple trees.. 3 broken ribs, broken collar bone, neck injuries, hd numbness in his feet, he got life flighted out.. It seems like this was a bad weekend to ride. HOpe you feel better

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'm ok the docs gave me good drugs :thumbsup: I was actually Jumping the pic in my sig when I crashed. I guess the base public affairs office was there covering the race and I heard the got a few pics of me and I think theres some of the crash. If I get them I'll put them up for you guys. 06rappy I hope your budy's ok.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

Get well soon brother..... :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about that... 8)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

Wished I had a quad when I lived over there. Spent 94-96 stationed in Guam on the Holland. Used to play back in Nimitz Hill all the time with my Ranger.

Best of luck in your recovery

·
Registered
2,127 Posts

Holy crap.. sorry to hear man.. Sounds like you were doin awesome tho!

·
Registered
1,214 Posts

Hey Guam sorry to hear about the crash. Pray for ya a speedy recovery and a nice P.T. Maybe it was good that I didn't have any gas for the Rappy this weekend. 06 hope your buddy get to ride with you to.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts

Bummer dude, if you want I'm sure brian would fly down to "help" you out :lol: :thumbsup:

Hope it heals soon :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts

you do realize that quam is just a little more than "down there" right? just a little out of cessina range. good luck on recovery Guam, dont let the drugs ware off :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts

Your bitch just beats you up all the time. Do you not treat her right or something?? Glad you are ok, that sucks you got hurt again.

·
Registered
519 Posts

ohh man that is bad,dont worry tho all your raptor brothers and sisters will go riding for you :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts

Man that sucks :( I wish you a speedy recovery :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

That sucks Guam get well soon. When will you be back in UT? You sound like a crazy rider, would love you see you ride some dunes. I am more conservative, but I love watching you guys that think 25ft is nothing :crazy: .

·
Registered
394 Posts

Hope you have a speedy recovery. Looks like you were getting some serious air in the pic.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts

Hope you get better quick. Your Rappy will be lonely. But the bright side is get mods done now while you are on the down time.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Well here are the pics of the crash they're not that good but i'll talk you through them.

This is the same jump as in my sig but this time I'm at the height I should be at in the middle but instead I'm already over the landing the third place rider is just out of frame ahead of me and there are 12 other guys charging up behind me on the take off.

This one is just before landing it looks like I'm about to land on the downslope but I'm actually about 3 or 4 feet off the ground and still moving forward.

And here is me starting to fall off the side rappy, By now my knee is shot my helmet had bounced off the handle bars and my plans for riding for awhile are shot. I looked at my nerfs today and they ar bent down on the right side from the impact. The photographer thought it would be wrong to take pics of me lying in the dirt so he stoped after this one.

And finally they got one of me right before the finish line jump after I got back up and got back on the quad. Right here is when I tried to stand up and finally realized something was wrong with me knee and decided I better stop trying to ride.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

And here are a few pics of the buggies and trucks jumping the same jump I crashed on.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts

damn, get well soon bro! those are some huge jumps! with balls that big i'm suprised you didn't land on'em!!!!

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

THe big jump arn't that bad, it just time and found start small and work your way up to bigger and bigger jumps. And don't jump something till you feal comfortable

1 - 20 of 52 Posts