Raptor Forum banner

so what should i get next?

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Dales396lt4 
#1 ·
so i got myself a 2010 raptor, it has a motoworks sr4 full exhaust system and a K&N air filter.
so im wondering about what to do next to get more power, i was thinking about getting a PCV, adjusting it and removing airbox lid, any ideas?

and on the mod subject, does a aftermarket handlebar like protaper makes a noticeable diffrance in riding? i was thinking about getting one too.

#3 ·
When selecting a handle bar it boils down to personal preference. One style will always be better for a certain group of riders, and a different style for others. Pro Taper, Renthal , Tag all make a good quality bar, and with the right bend to fit your body structure you'll like any of the three. Bars that stand out from the crowd are Soft Bars and Flexx bars. These type of bars absorb up and down motions decreases the harshness of impacts to your wrist.

If it's already tuned well it's going to be real hard noticing the difference in HP going to a PCV. The next thing I would do is purchase a Stage II hot cam if racing MX/dirt hill climbing.

www.kbmatv.com

#8 ·
You are required to purchase a fuel controller to adjust the fuel curve. If your going to purchase the PCV make sure you get the one that adjust timing. In the mean time if your not set on one fuel controller brand research the Juice Box PRO it's like a PC3, but you can adjust it on the fly without a computer like a Dynatek controller. If your getting the power commander 5 for the autotune option look into the Yoshimura PIM 2 unit w/data logging. I can explain all the difference and cons of these controllers over the phone.

Take Care
270-774-1982

#5 ·
Definitely get a PCV if you take the lid off! You may be running lean as is. There is no way to adjust the air/fuel mixture with a fuel controller. Plus with the PCV it's really easy to change the tune (maps) as you add on additional performance parts.

#7 ·
The stock EFI system cannot be adjusted. Im a bit worried about how lean your running now. If the stock airbox lid is still on you should be ok. I would definitely purchase the pc5 which will allow you to remove the lid and go as far as you want with your modifications.

If you purchase the PC5 from us it will come pre-mapped ready to plug in and ride. And anytime you make a future adjustment to the ATV we can send you new maps free of charge.

Steve

#9 ·
#12 ·
I'm not sure If it will adjust for your mods.
The only thing I have heard is that there is an adjustment that can be made.
I don't know how much but I would love to see some results from someone that has played around with it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.