Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I have searched and still am not sure. I like the I-shock kit, comes with everything needed. On the other hand it doesnt have the triple rates of the elkas. I looked on ebay and saw a couple other kits that looked pretty good including triple elkas with rezzies and lsr or laeger +2's I believe. Maybe 1-2 hundred more. But it doesnt include the joint removal tool or the clamps for the brake lines. Thoughts, comments, suggestions. Anybody need some stock a arms :lol:?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, well I really probably arent but if its gonna be better and may infact be something I decide I want down the road then Id rather get them now and not have to do it all over again later. 8) Im not a dune rider, more of a trail rider with some big jumps thrown in. I need something to soak up the rough terrain and keep me from bottoming out after big air. I weigh about 220 with gear and am about 6'.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
VelociRaptor said:
Food for thought, alot of freestyle quad guys run the I-shock stuff.

mmmmmm... Ishock. :wootwoot:

I rode a guys yfz450 the other day with an Ishock setup and it was like riding in a cady compared to my stock setup.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have the arms and shocks listed in my signature. I took them out to Glamis over the weekend and was impressed with the stability and quality. Got the arms for $400, the stock brake lines are long enough even at +3" per side, got the rebuilt Elka Race series(quad rate zero preload) for $700 all on ebay.

Keep in mind wider arms are only long travel if the shock pivot is moved out farther or lower on the a arm, requiring a longer shock. There are several economy arms that have the shock mount in the stock location.

The ball joints can be seperated with a simple automotive tool.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Hey Teraflex, I am looking into the ishock 5500 kit for my daughters 06 YFZ450. Did it make a big difference? I know I love mine but even my wife's stock 700 rides a whole bunch better than the kids 450. She'll be dune only with it so that is all I am concerned with. Gimmie the scoop.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
headingnorth said:
Hey Teraflex, I am looking into the ishock 5500 kit for my daughters 06 YFZ450. Did it make a big difference? I know I love mine but even my wife's stock 700 rides a whole bunch better than the kids 450. She'll be dune only with it so that is all I am concerned with. Gimmie the scoop.
To be honest with you I dont know how well it dunes cause I was trailing the bike but compared to my friends stock 450, it was a very big upgrade. I was able to take the whoops alot quicker and more stable and jumping on it was alot more pleasant on the body on landings. He also was +2 so cornering was much more stable too. It was the best bike I have ridden . It made me feel like my 700 was harsh and same with my friends 450. I just fell in love with the kit and if it wasnt so expensive it would be on my bike right now. ;)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the ishock kit is long travel?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
headingnorth said:
For dune only I've heard from friends that +2 A-rms and Elka Dune Edition or TCS Sport Series work great.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
So the ishock kit is long travel?

Ive seen a standard travel and long travel from I shock. Gotta read the find print\description.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Standard travel and Long travel BOTH have the same ACTUAL wheel travel. The Long Travel will have more shaft travel making it easier to valve the shock correctly. I-shock is working on their Long Travel kits. They will not be availabale for a few more months. I can give some killer deals on the i-shock a-arms or kits. PM me when your ready to buy.

www.fuelatv.com

·
Registered
497 Posts
FUELATV said:
Standard travel and Long travel BOTH have the same ACTUAL wheel travel. The Long Travel will have more shaft travel making it easier to valve the shock correctly. I-shock is working on their Long Travel kits. They will not be availabale for a few more months. I can give some killer deals on the i-shock a-arms or kits. PM me when your ready to buy.

www.fuelatv.com
I have bought 2 IShock 5500 kits and Lone Star Axles from Steve at Fuel. Prices were the best I could find anywhere and everything was shipped correctly and on time. Give him a try on your next purchase.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well it looks like I will be waiting and watching. I just kinda thought by now that there would be one setup that has proven head and shoulders better than the others. Im just alittle confused by all the mismatched parts that everyone is putting together.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes it is tempting. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
45 Posts
im running the asr +2 arms and even though people say they are cheap i have maybe 5 friends running them and none of us have ever had any issues.one guy has had his raptor go end over end 4 or 5 times and the a arms havent been phased.i paid less then $400.00 for the arms and tie rods.have a set of motowoz comp/rebound adjustable shocks coming so ill report on those as soon as i get em on the bike.id recommend asr.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts