Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new in the atv maintenance scene, and today i made a big mistake... While trying to remove the spark plug from its hole my socket fall from the ratchet and now because it is more short then the spark plug itself i cannot reach with any magnets or a socket extension.... Please help me i am desperate.... 2005 raptor 660r

·
Registered
411 Posts
William Lé️garé️;3455033 said:
Hi im new in the atv maintenance scene, and today i made a big mistake... While trying to remove the spark plug from its hole my socket fall from the ratchet and now because it is more short then the spark plug itself i cannot reach with any magnets or a socket extension.... Please help me i am desperate.... 2005 raptor 660r
Assuming plug is still in there and socket went over top? This is patience and ingenuity. Try needlenose pliers, a small claw tool, 2 screwdrivers with tape on ends and try to wedge socket between them, 1 screwdriver to move and wiggle and a magnet, shop vac and a hose that fits down there, extension with sticky tape on end, small wire or wires with a hook at the end....

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
A piece of string and some well chewed gum...

There's gotta be a hundred ways to recover it using a little ingenuity!

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,565 Posts
Turn the bike upside down.....

WELCOME TO THE FORUM.

·
Master of the Electron
14,507 Posts
I like that one, Dez...

Another: Remove the gas tank and use a telescoping magnet.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
10,565 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts