Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting my raptor back together from a epic hill failure. I went to fire it up and it wouldnt turn over so i checked my solenoid and one of the wires that connects to the solenoid has broken off. I think its to far down to try and reconnect it. I am not sure what the actual plug is called and need to know so hopefully i can pick one up tomorrow. I am not 100% sure if it connects to the cdi box but i think it does.

Thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
theres 3 on the solenoid... 1 from battery, 1 to starter.. than an actual plug (3 wires in it i believe), is that what broke?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The actcual plug broke. Has three wired i think that are crimped into the plastic connector that goes to the solenoid.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
That is the start solenoid and it has a fuse built into the top of it..........

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no problem with my solenoid i need a new connector and am looking for the actual name so i can purchase one tomorrow. My solenoids is fine fuses are fine just have a broken wire for the connection.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have no problem with my solenoid i need a new connector and am looking for the actual name so i can purchase one tomorrow. My solenoids is fine fuses are fine just have a broken wire for the connection.
Isnt that part of the wiring harness............

·
Master of the Electron
15,059 Posts
Red, blue/black stripe and yellow/black stripe wires in that connector.

I doubt that the dealer will carry the just connector shell - it wil be part of the entire harness.

Just remove the pin from the connector (if you look, you will find a small plastic finger that holds each pin in place - lift the finger and the pin will come out), un crimp the end, remove the old strands of wire, and re-crimp or solder the broken wire to it, then re-insert into connector shell.

I am forced to repair connectors in this fashion regularly... a little patience and you will see how it all fits together, and be able to fix it perfectly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts