Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a few weeks ago we had the chance to play with one of Bob's kits. I am really liking the simplicity of the oilless turbo.

When he 1st showed up we pulled it out of his truck and dynoed it just how it came in. The fueling looked pretty close. The boost was down some. We cranked the boost as high as we could and got 104whp or so on race gas. He then left the bike with us and we did a PCV conversion so we could tune it.

After the conversion we filled it up with E85 and I did a retune and gained our normal 4-6hp just from the fuel.

We then installed our stage 3 turbo cam. I was a bit worried we might not see our normal gains since we were running the turbo maxed out, but as normal our cam on E85 did its normal 8-10hp.

Starting with the race gas we had tightened the waistgate on the turbo down and had pulled the wg line off so the turbo was running at max boost. All runs were in the 16-19psi range.

Just like our cars while we have our preferred turbo kits and mods we will tune and work with anybodies stuff and we will work our hardest to max out any combo.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boost leak is still on the TB just the same. I dont really feel the leak from the shaft seals will make much difference. Being that these TB are not really ment for boost it could be a challenge to truly fix right. That's why i did not really want to dig into it and spend a bunch of time for little hp gain and not really fixing it.

I bet our drag bike has the same leak since it the same TB.

Not sure on the motor. Think it may have a 5mm stroke on stock bore. Not sure on the compression ratio.

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Just seen this....props to Lucas for the tuning and turbo cam. I might come see you after I get the new turbo installed and the tb fixed. Also, the second injector was moved from the WK 58mm TB to the intake tube.

It's a 727cc with D7 porting, +2 valves, and a 10.1 CP piston.

·
Registered
55 Posts
What would a build like this cost?
I was just pondering if a turbo build would make a 100hp, then I saw this post.
Is this a drag only application ? Or can it be made somewhat trail friendly ?

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
There're many variables and it will come down to what exactly you want to do with the bike....you'll have to call the turbo guys to get the answer you're looking for.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Nice work Lucas, cool to see a shop take on other builders bikes. Need to get that thing ready Pipo. Need more Turbo guys willing to line up down at Oregon:metal:

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
I see what you did there Willy :).

But you're right, I only saw a few turbo raptors lined up at the rally....the quiet ones.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts