Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new 07 Raptor GYTR. I was wanting some input from you guys on any upgrades that I should do. Like a arm guards and maybe an exhaust and some wheels and tires. Iam not looking to go out and race or anything extreme, not that advanced yet. Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts
One of the most used and affordable mod in my opinion would be a Dr. D's reverse lever. Least i use mine alot but i rid in tight woods and somtimes i gotta back up. To maybe get some better advice you might say what kinda riding you do.

·
Registered
468 Posts
i agree with that dr d its night but put on that 15 tooth sprocket thats nice and do the 3 mods u will be happy

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I basically just trail ride. Would you guys suggest some nerf bars?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Nerfs are a personal preference.

Since you trail ride I'd get the skids first. At a minimum get the swingarm and frame skids. The GYTR pieces are as nice as any ;).

I still need to get my frame skid but on my very first ride the stock plastic swing arm skid got pretty beat up. I now have the GYTR one. It fit perfect.

I plan on getting the GYTR frame skid and nerfs. The factory parts cost more, but the fit is good and that's worth it to me. The GYTR nerfs also match the angles on the bike that much of the aftermarket seems to have missed.

Shawn

·
Registered
899 Posts
Raptor0731 said:
I basically just trail ride. Would you guys suggest some nerf bars?
When you get nerfs AC is the best……I have seen a rash of bent Pro Armor fat pegs including my sons. The tube that goes around the perimeter of the heel guard ends soon after it goes around the top of the heel guard plate and does not tie back in. So if the heel guards get packed with mud and your heels ride on the mud or if you jump a lot and your heels hit the guards from impact they are bending…..bunch of people on EXriders. So we went out and looked at my sons because he is a big jumper and sure enough they are starting to bend. The tube is so week he kicked it back in place with riding boots. The ACs are all tied in….no tube just ends. Plus the AC pegs are wider and not as aggressive as the Pro Armor so the don’t destroy your boots as bad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts