Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all know this atv has more lables then it needs. Yamahas CYA lables! The Canadian model gets them twice, once in English, once in French. The French ones are just stickers and peel off, the others are the rivetted ones. Anyway, when the warm weather rolls around, I will probably do away with mine. I know there are places out there offering pieces to cover them but I'm more of a do it yourself kind of guy. At my work we have these samples of patterned stainless that are available. One has these small squares and it looks really trick, like a carbon fiber pattern. This is basically what it looks like. I'm sure that it's available through most metal shops. See the one marked "squares"

http://www.g-tex.com/products.html

The other option I might do is take the warning plates off and cover them with this suedo carbon fiber vinyl I have and then rivet them back on. The stuff looks so good you'd be hard pressed not to think it's real. Here is an example of the carbon fiber sheet. Usually it comes in bulk sheets, you get alot so you can use it all over.

http://www.stickercity.com/store/home.php?cat=2299

·
Registered
767 Posts
I tried covering the stockers with CF look decal material, looked real cheesy. The stock warning labels are very thing and not only riveted but glued, so the don't ever look the same once removed. I'm extremly happy with my Carboncovers and they're worth every penny. That textured stainless does look pretty trick.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I like to try and come up with something on my own also, made these out of stainless from work and purchased the nuts and bolts from a supply house.

Attachments

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice job, looks really good.

·
Registered
554 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
this is what i did..its just a sticker but it has held up great even under water and mud.

·
Premium Member
3,862 Posts
SCROOGE Where did u get the stickers at??? Looks real good :thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah that looks good Scrooge, matches the silver on the bike nice

for my black bike, I will do the same thing, take the warning plates off and cover with the carbon fibre look sticker and rerivet them back on. Glad I know the thing is glued on now. A little hair dryer heat will help take it off no probs.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
A buddy of mine, a park ranger, suggested to me that db meters are more sensative to exhaust measured from the tail pipe of a quad with all the warning labels removed.
Just something to think about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts