Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After completing my build I had it dyno tuned and was dissapointed in the HP number. I'm very happy with how it feels, but the number was a downer.

I turned a 62.5 with my build. This is at about 5,000ft.
I know lots of others here have much higher on natural aspiration motors.

I got to thinking about it though, and 62.5hp for one cylinder is pretty damn good in comparison to common motors.

Take your common respectable v6 & v8 motors from the factory. A v6 will get between 32-40hp per cylinder. A v8 between 37-47hp per cylinder. A v8 with 62.5hp per cylinder would be producing 500hp:wow: Not too bad!

And if you break down the number by how much weight to each horsepower its still great for my Raptor.

A 2012 Mustang 302v8 Boss is 55.5hp per cylinder. Thats about 7.88 pounds of weight per horsepower. My Raptor would be about 6.7 pounds per horsepower.

So, I'm not in the 70's or 80's but I'm no longer embarrased with my results.:metal:

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
Good way to put it.but at that elevation that's not bad at all. Have fun

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
62.5 @ 5000ft I think that is a Great combo that will last a long time...
~ CP 11:1 piston (stock bore)
~ Hot Cam Stage 3
~ Mild port & polish
~ +3 Throttle body
~ FCI intake w/box
~ Barker duals w/ billet straps & quiet cores
~ Power Commander V

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
That's a good running bike. Most dynos have correction factors for alt, so those numbers should be similar to a dyno at sealevel. If you want to see what your bike is actually outputting at alt, ask to see the uncorrected #s

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude you're on par with your mods,what did you think you should have had?
Was hoping for 67ish. I knew it would be a stretch though. I just bought a full set of new sand tires, so I'll see how it feels with those and if I need a little more I may do a hd5050 cam and +1 valves this coming winter. For tires I bought some ITP Sand Star fronts 21x7x10 and rear Skat Extremes 21x12x8.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hell, I forgot to update my signature list to include my +5mm stroker crank. I'll do that now. That puts me at a 727cc if I remember right.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts

·
Freak!
7,986 Posts
Those stats also have to give allot of respect to other motorsports. My stock bore stroker (102mm x 89mm) was very close to the same bore and stroke as a 350 chevy cylinder (101.6 × 88.4 mm). Some racing series get 850+ hp of the most modern version of that power plant on Sunoco 110! It's amazing how much power these guys can build.
I'd sure as hell like to be able to get 106+ hp out of my build on that fuel :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts