Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have done the following work and though it might help someone.

I put on a yoshi pipe and k&n with hole in the air lid, went to 160/155 jets, 2 inch wheel spacers on each side, 1 tooth smaller on the front and 2 bigger on the back. It was amazing the difference.

Then i put on a Dynatek CDI box and need to go 1 size bigger on jets to 165/160. Now it absolutely rocks.

Now the question is: All I did was change the main jets, what if anything else should i do to the carbs, The fuel screw?, clips, pilots, this is all french to me and if someone could put in some pictures of these that would be great.

Thanks to the help i got here when i started.

Jake

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
With a modified lid your needles are most likely going to be fine on the oem setting (3rd clip). Your fuel screws will need to be turned out a little, but you'll need to figure out how much because each build/bike/location behaves in different ways. OEM pilots should also be ok with your setup, but if you have to turn the fuel screws out more than 3 turns total then you should step up to the next size (25 pilots, one in each carb both the same size).

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maddog,

Thanks, The air/fuel screws...in is for richer or leaner? when you say 2 turns is that 2 turns from all the way in then back them out 2 turns? What is factory setting? An dwhere do I find them. Thanks for yor help you got my bike running real well this summer. I am about 2700ft or so. (in canada) and I forgot to mention that there is a little popping when i let off the throttle from full tilt.

·
Registered
145 Posts
As far as the screws...out for richer, 2 turns (meaning from all the way in, then back out) Factory setting I believe is 2.5/3.0....i know each one is different from the factory but most people just turn them out the same. The screws are flat tip screws on the bottom of the carb bowls. The little popping could mean you're running lean.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts