Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the whole not going to do anything to it for a while idea has gone right out the window :grin_nod:. I just got done ordering the Pro Desing Intake setup and my Dynojet Power Commander. I do have a couple of questions on some other mods though, I realize that most say that all the single exhaust systems are pretty much the same hp wise. But I am looking for something that's stronger in the low end and mid range to race Hare Scrambles and I would like it to also have a nice deep sound to it, any suggestions? Also I was curious to know does the FMF Powerbomb header make a difference power wise and is it compatible with any other type of slip on? And last but not least I really like the look of the Trail Tech X Bars but what bend would I need for mine? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have the yosh RS7 full system, the low end was slightly improved while the mid and top is greatly improved because the header has a longer length bend. Most of the MX type pipes have a shorter length bend so the low and mid are improved. I almost went the MX pipe route, fortunately I had put different tires on before I did those mods. The stock tires are so decieving, the bike almost seems slow, in reality the stability hides the wheel spin....lol. In the woods it had plenty of low speed grunt so I went after the mid to hi mods. I plan on doing a hi-comp piston and a stage 1 cam this winter, the piston should really wake up the low to mid. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I heard from a member on here that use to run the HMF system and switched to the TBR. He said he felt more low end with the TBR.
I have also heard from others that there is a diff with running the power bomb. I run it, but have no clue if it by itself made any diff, as I put all my mods on at once. Nice header though...and it makes a huge diff on some dirtbikes...so I figured it wouldnt hurt!

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was looking at the LRD and the DMC at first, but the thing that pushed me in the yosh direction was the fact that you use the stock heat shields. I think it's clean and simple. I've owned a few other yosh pipes over the years and have never had a quality issue and the price for a full system falls right in with the others. Good luck on your desicion.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I heard the same about the Big gun, most people that have tried them have said they where no more than a noisy version of a stocker. At most of the mx tracks we go to I see only a few brands, pro circuit, white brothers, yosh, and fmf on the race machines ( bikes and quads ). If I'm not sure about what to buy, I look around at what theese guys are using, most racers won't be very patient with bad products....lol

·
Registered
478 Posts
I would not be so quick to disregard the Big Gun. If you search through some of the old threads CaliRaptor has tested most of the single pipes on the market and the Big Gun was one of the top choices. Mainly though if is all a matter of personal preference on what brand you like best. So find the one you like and go with it!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thats true, all racers use this products, but i have seen many raptors! with lte's exhausts. Maybe FMF,Yos and Hmf are better for yfz450. Has anyone compare as a performance, and not if lte's are more beautiful or louder, this exhausts with lte's?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.