Raptor Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Went to my other raptor and noticed it has adjustment wheels on the clutch lever cable. This one does not. Are those important??
Yes, they lock the adjusted point in place so it can't move.
If the cable gets out of adjustment, it can cause the clutch to drag and glaze the fiber plates.

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n lexx exhaust
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If the cable gets out of adjustment, it can cause the clutch to drag and glaze the fiber plates.
Finally got it. Had to play with the pull lever for the clutch a bit.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Got it on this morning, was on and off constantly barely on, like chugging, than played with the idle screw, helped a little bit. But the minute I rev would shut off. Pulled the choke and started and came to life. Revved a little while it was in choke and seem to clear out and idle after that with the choke off. So I’m assuming the carbs got dirty. My header was also glowing.

Gonna clean the carb out. I bought it, cleaned it and left it aside while I got rest of parts. So when I emptied the carbs last the gas looked dirty so I assumed the tank had dirty gas, but it’s pretty clear.

K&n filter
Lexx slipon
Dynojet stage 2 has the highest jets

I have them out at 3 turns, each.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Got it on this morning, was on and off constantly barely on, like chugging, than played with the idle screw, helped a little bit. But the minute I rev would shut off. Pulled the choke and started and came to life. Revved a little while it was in choke and seem to clear out and idle after that with the choke off. So I’m assuming the carbs got dirty. My header was also glowing.

Gonna clean the carb out. I bought it, cleaned it and left it aside while I got rest of parts. So when I emptied the carbs last the gas looked dirty so I assumed the tank had dirty gas, but it’s pretty clear.

K&n filter
Lexx slipon
Dynojet stage 2 has the highest jets

I have them out at 3 turns, each.
Those settings are close
you can adjust both fuel screws in 1/8th turns either way, and that may help off of idle.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Those settings are close
you can adjust both fuel screws in 1/8th turns either way, and that may help off of idle.
For the most part it’s running, idle is fine, idle screw seems to be a little finicky, as slightest touch is making it bounce from a good idle to accelerating a little too much. But got it balanced for the most part.

I’m getting a mild pop on and off at 1/4 throttle but clears pretty quick but it’s noticeable. Also when I shut it off I got a pop from exhaust.

I cleaned the carb today and set both screws at 2 1/2 turns out.

I changed all bearings on carrier and bought a new chain. Manual I have wasn’t helpful in instructions. Would it be put chain on, align carrier sides, and than tighten side bolts on carrier??

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
For the most part it’s running, idle is fine, idle screw seems to be a little finicky, as slightest touch is making it bounce from a good idle to accelerating a little too much. But got it balanced for the most part.

I’m getting a mild pop on and off at 1/4 throttle but clears pretty quick but it’s noticeable. Also when I shut it off I got a pop from exhaust.

I cleaned the carb today and set both screws at 2 1/2 turns out.

I changed all bearings on carrier and bought a new chain. Manual I have wasn’t helpful in instructions. Would it be put chain on, align carrier sides, and than tighten side bolts on carrier??
Yes on the chain install
DJ needles in 3rd or 4th clip, that can change the 1/4 throttle response.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Yes on the chain install
DJ needles in 3rd or 4th clip, that can change the 1/4 throttle response.
It’s on 4th. I setup the needles and jets exactly like raptor #1 since they have same exhaust and filter. Not sure what 686 setup it has, know it’s a niche cylinder.

how Many links for chain? Was it 96?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
It’s on 4th. I setup the needles and jets exactly like raptor #1 since they have same exhaust and filter. Not sure what 686 setup it has, know it’s a niche cylinder.

how Many links for chain? Was it 96?
I can't remember how many links, sorry.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Having an issue we’re I am bogging out right at take off. I’ve been adjusting the carbs and from 1/4 to full seems to rev through fine. But I have this pop in the beginning that keeps stopping it from accelerating clearly right off the bat. I ground the rev wire because bogged so much in reverse. But now I have this bog in the beginning that’s preventing a smooth take off.

just clean the carbs yesterday.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Having an issue we’re I am bogging out right at take off. I’ve been adjusting the carbs and from 1/4 to full seems to rev through fine. But I have this pop in the beginning that keeps stopping it from accelerating clearly right off the bat. I ground the rev wire because bogged so much in reverse. But now I have this bog in the beginning that’s preventing a smooth take off.

just clean the carbs yesterday.
Both pilot jets #25?
Have you set the floats heights with a clear tube?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Both pilot jets #25?
Yes and yes. Took the carb out to check the pilots see if their dirty but I swear o cleaned the crap out of them. lol

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Both pilot jets #25?
Would the choke plunger effect anything?? Theirs one in there, but when I took the one out of raptor#1 it has a oring on the plunger and the cap, raptor#2 which is this one the plunger doesn’t have a spot to put an oring, different plunger.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Would the choke plunger effect anything?? Theirs one in there, but when I took the one out of raptor#1 it has a oring on the plunger and the cap, raptor#2 which is this one the plunger doesn’t have a spot to put an oring, different plunger.
You could possibly have an air leak there.
Swap the choke from the good running machine and see if that corrects it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
You could possibly have an air leak there.
Swap the choke from the good running machine and see if that corrects it.
Not a bad idea if it does the same thing once I clean them again. Will update once I’m done

21 - 40 of 53 Posts