Raptor Forum banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n lexx exhaust
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Not a bad idea if it does the same thing once I clean them again. Will update once I’m done
Ya no change swapping plungers. Starts bogging down if you slowly start tapping the accelerator until it hits 1/4 than accelerates right through. Only happening taking off, idles fine and if I do it quick it accelerates but at a normal pace starts bogging

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Not a bad idea if it does the same thing once I clean them again. Will update once I’m done
Sweet baby Jesus hopefully it’s fixed. Needs a pinch tuning but was able to ride it smoothly.

can’t really get on it as my front end is wobbly as heck. I assume the tie rod ends are gone, any particular brand?? Or stay away from

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Sweet baby Jesus hopefully it’s fixed. Needs a pinch tuning but was able to ride it smoothly.

can’t really get on it as my front end is wobbly as heck. I assume the tie rod ends are gone, any particular brand?? Or stay away from
My experience with ebay cheapo tie-rod ends and ball joints has been that they work fine.
All-Balls Racing has good stuff too, costs a little more...and looks like the identical part.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yeah, unless a ball-joint or tie-rod end is bad.
Just look closely as you rock the tire back and forth and you'll be able to see which one(s) it is.
All of it is shot.
right now I’m thinking of
Upper arms I can only find new in caltric $45 each
All balls ball joints $44
Niche tie rod with end kit $42
All balls wheel bearings $34

figure that should take care of the problem.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Ricky Stator makes upper A-arms
and better quality than Caltric.
I seem to be having an issue getting the oring not to rip on the idle screw spring. I’m using the smallest oring on the harbor freight kit but the spring still seems to catch hold of it, on both quads. Rebuilt carb on raptor #1 today

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Unfortunately most all of the o-ring kits never have the exact size and/or material for most Japanese bike applications.
I just buy carb rebuild kits or get the oem o-rings from Partzilla or Motosport.
I also always put vaseoline on o-rings before installing them, as it helps to prevent cuts and tears, as well as helps hold them in place.
Vaseoline is also petroleum based and harmless to o-rings and engine parts.
Keep it off paper and metal gaskets and clucth plates, otherwise it's fine.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Yes, you do have to press them in.
You gotta laugh at shit. Was tuning raptor#2 Thursday while I was waiting for the suspension parts to come in Friday. Cause it was shaking too much to test out. So during testing freakin petcock line breaks at the hose connection. So suspension done waiting on petcock to go on an actual test ride. Lol but she’s all done, little minor things and hopefully will have some good years with it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
You gotta laugh at shit. Was tuning raptor#2 Thursday while I was waiting for the suspension parts to come in Friday. Cause it was shaking too much to test out. So during testing freakin petcock line breaks at the hose connection. So suspension done waiting on petcock to go on an actual test ride. Lol but she’s all done, little minor things and hopefully will have some good years with it.
I’m having a little on/off stumble on take off. Idles fine, I accelerate and stays over revved for like a second and than adjust itself back down. But in between that having a little bog on and off on take off.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
Air leak?
Messing with raptor#1 at the moment, had taken plunger out of it and put in #2. So got plunger in today and put it back in to raptor#1 turned it on to tune and noticed that I can move the idle assembly with my hand so tighten the screws all good now. Just having issues with idle oring, keeps ripping the smallest ones I have. Any luck finding those local?

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Messing with raptor#1 at the moment, had taken plunger out of it and put in #2. So got plunger in today and put it back in to raptor#1 turned it on to tune and noticed that I can move the idle assembly with my hand so tighten the screws all good now. Just having issues with idle oring, keeps ripping the smallest ones I have. Any luck finding those local?
I would check your local autoparts stores for o-rings.
Put vaseoline on the new o-rings, it will prevent rips and tears and will not harm anything, as it's petroleum based.
It also helps hold them in place during assembly. I put vaseoline on every o-ring I install anywhere.

·
Master of the Electron
15,679 Posts
I’m having a little on/off stumble on take off. Idles fine, I accelerate and stays over revved for like a second and than adjust itself back down. But in between that having a little bog on and off on take off.
Sounds like typical bog on accel and slow return to idle.

Try some choke 1st to see if it goes away. If it does, open the fuel screws (CCW) 1/8 to 1/4 turn each.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Sounds like typical bog on accel and slow return to idle.

Try some choke 1st to see if it goes away. If it does, open the fuel screws (CCW) 1/8 to 1/4 turn each.
Definitely the idle screw messin with everything on both quads.
Raptor #1 Was going to adjust the cheapo extended screws but notice they were wobbling when it was on. Would that be them stripping?? I put the stock screws on, only issue I have is a mild light pop pop at idle.

jumping to raptor#2 have to clean carb out.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts