Raptor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im turning my raptor 660 into a r1 raptor and i got some questions like do you need a r1 ignition? and how many sensors do you need. if you guys have some answers i will really appreciate thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
What year R1 engine are you planning to use? You will need the R1 wiring harness, ecu, etc. You don't have to use the ignition if you don't want to. Mine is hard wired with a switch....no key.

·
Sand blasting your paint is my specialty
954 Posts
What are you doing for the radiator?
Probably going to use the stock one. That's what most do. Just need to use some brass tees and clamps to get the extra ports in the engine tied together.

·
Sand blasting your paint is my specialty
954 Posts
im doing a conversion with a cbr1000 and was trying to figure that part out ... thanks gotboost
On my R1 conversion I had a stock radiator. Bottom hose came off the left side (sitting on the bike) of the engine and went to the lower port on the radiator. Should go to the water pump. Then the returns were all pluming fittings and tied all the returns together. Came out near the oil filter and went up tied into the 2 ports comming out of the head and then into the top port on the radiator.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts