Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there is some jetting threads and such but could someone make a thread with pic's on how to properly clean a Carb on a 660 and hopefully get it sticked? I know i cant be the only one that would love to see this.

Thanks Folks!

·
Master of the Electron
15,550 Posts
Read Carbs 101 sticky for how with pics... and jetting depends wholly upon what mods your bike has, so there isn't one solution.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gotcha. I guess what I'm looking for is what it is exactly that I need to clean when the carb is off the quad. When I'm hitting woops or I shake the quad back and forth when it's just sitting there idling it starts to spit and spudder and dies if I dont stop. I was informed this was the carb. I just have no idea what it is that I need to clean.. lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you can take it off of the carb, clean it. Use some speaker wire (a strand or two) to clean the jets. Also, since it sounds like this is your first time to tear into the carbs, do one at a time. That way you have one for a "reference."
*edit* Also, be real careful when removing the screws holding on the fuel bowls. They are really soft. Once you get them out, take one to home depot or some other place where you can get new bolts, and get some allen head bolts to replace the stock ones. This will make it much easier to disassemble later on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awesome, this helps.. Thank You!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts