Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can someone please help me with my jetting on my raptor. I have a yoshimura rs-3 complete exhaust system and a twin air filter. My dad installed an fmf jet kit on the raptor for me. It has a dj146 in the left carb and dj148 in the right carb and the fmf needles. It hesitates on the bottom end when I punch the throttle. I think its running rich but I don't know what jets I need.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
If the problem is just off idle then you're going to have to look at the pilot circuit which controls idle to 1/4 throttle. If you're still running a full lid on the airbox you're ok with your oem pilots, if not you'll need a pair of 25 pilots.

In any case you want to adjust your fuel mixture screws. They should be somewhere between 1 and 3 turns out. 3 is fatter than 1 which means if you think it's rich you should screw them in.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got raptor running a lot better, but when I land off of a jump it bogs when I get back into the gas.

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
If you're running a full lid and snorkle on that bike then those mains are a size or so high. You may want to play with the needle adjustment as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took the spark arresstor out and it runs great now. I hope I dont get in trouble riding on the trails I ride at Coal Creek OHV. thanks for the comments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts