Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just rebuilt my raptor last week, with an 11.5:1, hc3, p&p head, +2valves, and tuned by ehs racing...well its ran fine up until this weekend at busco beach...we hauled it through a bad rainstorm, and when we got there, i drove it off the trailer and it ran fine....well after it sat there during another bad rainstorm, i decided to drive it about 2hrs later...and it would not start...it was getting spark, and fuel, but no fire...so we decided to pull it off as my battery went dead, and the bike would stay running as long as it was being pulled..and giving it throttle would just make it run worse...but as soon as i pulled in the clutch it would cut off...well eventually after a lot of spitting and sputtering and backfiring, it stayed running on its on...and started running better, and then it was fine....well i drove it all weekend and when i get it home, my lil bro washes it, and i crank it just fine, right afterwards....but the next day it has the same starting problem....i pulled the plug out and the gap was around 35, so i put it back to 28 and when i crank it, it backfired one time and just wont spins over..weve tried pulling it up and down the road, and it'll stay running while being pulled, but we cant get it to take any fuel

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys im sure somebodys had a similar problem....do y'all think I need a new plug?

·
2008 SMX Series Champion HO
2,679 Posts
It's possible, I've seen bad plugs cause alot of hard starting, change your plug first and let us know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts