Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright after getting m motor back from the shop i just started it yesterday and ran perfect for awile anyways..first off ill post what i had done:

11:1 cp piston,hot rods connecting rod and main bearings, new seals

first off for oil dont u use 2 qts? one in the motor and one in the tank correct? well when i did that the tank said it was low but i ran it just idiling and about 10mins later it seemed to get hot and i checked the coolant and oil coolants fine but the oil in the tank is up to the top of the tank. also are you able to run the motor with one of the valve covers off? i thought oils supposed to shoot all over if you did?

well i let it cool off and checked the coolant and its at the top so i started it idles fine and i just cracked the throttle just a couple burps hear and there and after that it made this awful sound and shut off. started it again and idles fine burp it a few time makes that sound.

what should i do? i JUST got the motor in from the rebuild..please help thank you.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Take it back to the builder and tell him to get it right. Somethin is definetly wrong somewhere in there but it's hard to say what. I mean they completely dissasembled the entire engine so it could be anything. Maybe they left an o-ring or spacer out somewhere and it's not getting oil to the top end. Woofers and Willykiller know a lot about oil circulation on these motors. Maybe PM one of them with a link to this thread. And yes 2 qts is the capacity!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure who they are or how to find them if you could do it for me i would really appreceate it alot.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah the problem with that is they dont take the motor out i have to and bring in the motor to them. they just did the lower end and not the top end but that is what the problem was my connecting rod and wrist pin were bad.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright it is definatly not getting oil to the top end at all or the filter. it was still dry and clean. anything i could of done wrong putting the hoses back on? i wouldent think so but possible i guess. or is the pump bad now?

·
Registered
664 Posts
As said before pull it and take it back. Kinda hard to f something up in the topend for it not to get oil. I assume you pulled the oil line off the side of the head to check for oil to the top? They screwed something up in there.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
alright so i talked to the owner and he said to pull it out and bring it in. I'm hoping they pay for the gaskets and the oil. i figured a fresh rebuild deserves amsoil so i put it in and now i have to drain it. and what ever else is wrong with the motor. i know for a fact that the pump was working when i brought it in to them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts