Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been an ongoing issue basically since i have had the thing. Usually everything is fine, but from time to time, its almost if the battery dies for no reason. Sometimes when i go to start it, it will just click as if the battery is dead when trying to start it. For instance today i went out riding, started it and loaded it in the truck no issue, got it unloaded to ride, and it just clicked. I can jump the battery and it will start just like normal, and pushing it and dropping the clutch works fine to start it too. Really doesn't make much sense to me. Obviously the battery is holding charge, i started it in the dead of winter after not riding several months without issue, and can ride in the trails all day without issue, but once a in a while it will do nothing but click.

Any ideas? It's an 05 if that matters at all.

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
1) remove battery cables and clean all mating surfaces with wire brush - then retighthen with wrench.

2) if it still happens, and you get just a CLICK, short across the two large lugs on starter solenoid with big screwdriver - does it crank now? If so, solenoid is bad. If not, battery is bad or one of the battery cables has corroded internally and loses contact intermittently.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
As Quad says, I think it is a bad connection most likely................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts