Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. First off I really did do a search first, but... i mainly ride desert but I'm going to glamis once or twice this year. I'm still stuck between the sand stars & the haulers. I read the sand stars turn better & the straight blade haulers hook up better for drags. My question is... I've read that some guys say that if you use Body English you can still turn great on the haulers, I'm a new to the sand so what is this Body English you need to do to really turn with the haulers??
I really would like to get all the HP to the ground for dragging but I also would like to play around in the bowls too and see what that's like.
Thanks.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Body English is what you should be using every time you ride the quad. It's shifting your weigh around, especially when turning. Go with the haulers. You will like them. My main thing is I don’t like the way Sand Stars side hill and you will put down more power to the sand.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Get the straight paddles since you want HP to the ground and just learn to dune them. They bite a little different but it's not like it is impossible. You will be happier working harder to turn because you went with straight paddles than wishing you were faster because you bought V's.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I think I will go with the straight paddles since I don't want to waste any power and put it all to the ground. If I have to work a little harder to turn it should be a good trade off.

·
Registered
494 Posts
You can get used to the handling with Haulers. I have them in 8 paddle 20-10-10. It was hard at first with the stock swingarm. The front end always came up. Now with the +4"swingarm, it slides and drifts fairly easy.

I can launch hard with these tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts