Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to be heading there friday and be there till sunday. I'm wondering if they are going to be checking noise levels. I have a bill balance pipe with a hmf quite core but the quite core broke. ( the ring that holds it in place jiggled loose so it has no connection to the core itself) if that makes sence. I need to know if i need to have my buddy weld it back together or get a new one or if i dont need to worry about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We didn't run into any problems with the rangers and my buddy's 450 was tricked out and loud as hell. Just keep it quiet in the camp grounds/beach area and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks... anyone else ?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have never seen, or heard of anyone having their db level tested at pismo. I have only been there around holidays so it's always been packed. When it's packed, the rangers pretty much seem to leave you alone unless you are doing something retarded like hauling a$$ up and down the beach, or not wearing a helmet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live near the beach and go out there all the time and have never heard of anyone getting a sound check. I've seen some pretty rediculous things as well (i.e. people with broken silencers, open ended pipes, even just running headers) i dont get people sometimes. As long as you aren't stupid on beachfront and have a flag and helmet the rangers will leave you alone :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
218 Posts
i don't know about pismo, but here in oregon sometimes they set db check traps on the only road in and out of the dunes. other than that if you see Johnny Law just put by and get the f out of there before he can get to you. That's what we do. I also carry my quiet tip in my toolbox then I can bolt on if need be. I also sometimes bring my stock exhaust so if i do get hell i can bolt it back on and at least be able to ride, feels like i go a hell of a lot slower with my stocker though.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
i have never been checked at pismo, and the Beach speed limit is 30! i got pulled over on a 50 for going 35! and also NO WHEELIES OR RECKLESS driving on the beach, i knew a guy who got his quad taken for doing just such thing, so even if your just going to do a quick wheelie, watch out for the rangers, out in the dunes i didn't see them bother anyone. but they patrol the beach very heavily :thumbsup: have fun!
there is this one ranger chick that is pretty cute, she is usually in an f250 if i remeber correctly!.......i didn't see a ring :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
The correct speedlimit on the beach is 15 mph,and they don't check for db's :thumbsup:They also have a few cops on quads and they really get anal about flags and helmets,even when off loading and loading your quads...flags are pretty pricey on the beach so its a pretty good idea to bring an extra one.Be safe and have fun! :beer:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
mike66 said:
The correct speedlimit on the beach is 15 mph,and they don't check for db's :thumbsup:They also have a few cops on quads and they really get anal about flags and helmets,even when off loading and loading your quads...flags are pretty pricey on the beach so its a pretty good idea to bring an extra one.Be safe and have fun! :beer:
ohhh i see, i thought it was 30! that's why he was so mad i guess!!! i was going over DOUBLE the speed limit on a 50!! hahahah woops!!
oh yeah i seen a cop on a polaris i think, not a 525..and we didn't have flags so he made us run down and buy them, and your right, it was while unloading!hahah.. i think the flags were 20$ total max? might be less, i'd rather pay 10 bucks somewhere else.. oh man and they rent sandrails there, i think you can get a decent one for like 120$ an hr or so....maybe that's 2 hrs. not sure, but if you got extra green that'd be fun to try out. i've never rode in a sandrail, they look sick

1 - 9 of 9 Posts