Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
New here at the forum and I'm just curious if there are any riders from South Carolina???

·
Registered
203 Posts
Rap Man,

I may be moving there to RockHill SC in a couple of months. May be getting a promotion at work. What is the riding like down there? I live in Fredericksburge VA now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey T-Dog-

The ridin' is not to bad... We have 40 miles of trails w/ good jumps and whoops. This trail is located in Francis Marion national Forest (Wambaw cycle trail). We have 3 others that are currently closed (Enoree, Parson's Mountain and Cedar Springs) and due to open on th 30th of March. There are also 3 trails in Sumter county but I am unaware of their currnent status. Also, we have one moto park (that I am aware of) that is open and running with one opening this spring. Here are a couple of links that might help.
If ya have any more questions just let me know.

http://carolinaadventureworld.com/
http://www.sctrails.net/trails/ALLTRAILS/MC_ATV/mc_atv.html

·
Registered
203 Posts
Raptor Man,

WOW! Thanks so much for all the great info!!! Man I hope I get to move SC! It looks like you have a ton of places to ride. Have you been to any of these? What are they like over all?

If i get this job I will look to call on you to show me around. All my riding friends will live about 6 hours away from me and I don't think I will see them very much. Plus I hate to ride by my self, not as much fun as a group.

Thanks
T-Dog

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:3question:
I have been to the trailhead for Wambaw but that is it. I just started to ride again, so... I used to ride in Michigan which is where I'm from. It has been about 15 yrs since I have ridin'. I have a couple of friends that go to Wambaw quite often though. They prefer the south loop since it is a bit more 'fun', better whoops and jumps. As soon as adventure world opens I am gonna take a long weekend and try it all out. My group of buddies and I are also planning a trip to www.durhamtown.com in Georgia. If you do move on down by all means let me know, I would be happy to have another rider in the group!

If you have any other questions just let me know.

Rapt0rMan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Charleston, SC here!

I like to ride at Wambaw but I know a few other places to ride with some of my buddies. Can't wait until Carolina Adventure World is open to the public this spring!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:thumbsup: I'm here in Charleston as well. :thumbsup:

I keep goin' to CAWs website but they never post an opening date. I bet they are just holding off till they get all the yearly memberships sold that they can. I'll prolly go up to Wambaw this weekend to let a lil steam off. Where do you and your boys go ridin' at quadcrazie?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I stay like right in the middle of the Wambaw trails. Like 5 minutes away in Jamestown so thats very convienent for me to just hop on the rator and go riding :) It is a ALOT of trials though.

You guys probably pass my house evertime you go riding. :eek:

BTW .. you guys around Charleston ... who do you let service your raptor. Im curious to know.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All my basic service checks will be done by me including changin' damaged parts. The only thing I will not do is tear into the engine. If I have any warranty issues it'll go back to the dealer - their flub, their fix...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts