Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a buddy and he said I need a spacer for my head if my gonna stroke it. It's only going up +4. Is it needed and if so how thick? And what metal type?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I was talking to a buddy and he said I need a spacer for my head if my gonna stroke it. It's only going up +4. Is it needed and if so how thick? And what metal type?
I doubt it, the rod will be shorter, and the piston may have a lower compression height from the pin...........:)

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
If you're using a barker/vitos crank with the shorter rod or the hotrods kit with the 2mm offset piston then no, you don't need a spacer.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok the guy works at the Yamaha shop and he was telling me i need one. Im using a Barker +4 and im going +1 on my valves. He was set on me needing one. I know that i havent read or heard of needing one up until he said something so i was caught off-guard by his statement.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
ok the guy works at the Yamaha shop and he was telling me i need one. Im using a Barker +4 and im going +1 on my valves. He was set on me needing one. I know that i havent read or heard of needing one up until he said something so i was caught off-guard by his statement.
So ask him this, if he thinks you need a spacer, ask him where you can get a longer timing chain...........:D:D:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
haha touche sir!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts