Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to look at quad racing the other day and cant wait to race my one now.

it will be for fun rather than to be competitive as a raptor wont compare with the 450's and so on.

but i was thinking of getting spacers and a lowering kit from ebay for it to help handling a wee bit.

ive always been against these cheapy bolt on mods and usually prefer to get the proper stuff(in this case longer axle, wider a-arms, shocks to match etc), but as its really only for fun i dont wanna spend big money on improving the handling.

just wondering what is people views on these mods?

im pretty srue ill go for the spacers, but not sure about the lowering kits

·
Registered
278 Posts
I got the durablue 6" in the back, 3" in the front. Huge difference, Im a big guy, and i would tip every time i took a tight turn, now only if i get too crazy. Worth the money, but i would still like to get longer a arms down the road

·
Registered
1 Posts
my 700se is stock. I was wanting to make it the same height as the 450, but I'm told you can't jump after puting lowering kit on it. so I guess I will just put on wheel spacers. If yall can tell me anything about either I would like to hear it.thanks.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I would do it right. I have been to a few desert races and accidents happen too often. First race I went to a person died and a couple people and different races had to be life flighted out. Buy the best stuff you can afford and spare your friends and family the worry. Especially safety gear.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
We can get you the spacers however i wouldnt reccomend the lowering kit. It gives it a much rougher ride.

Unless you are talking about a TT type of race.

Let me know if you want the spacers. Also you could do it the more expensive way and get a wider axle. We carry those as well.

Steven

1 - 5 of 5 Posts