Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
956 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
It depends on how you ride and your budget.

I went with the GeForce hubs, about $100 delivered to my door, a bit more than spacers but not much. These are new prices. Axles start at about $200 and go up but would be a better choice for a more agressive rider and/or jumping.

I am finding that as I gain experience I get more aggressive in my riding. My suggestion would be to, if the budget allows, get the axle if you think you need it now or might need it in the future.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I think SPACERS of any type are a bad idea. If you know someone that has a set that you can try to see if you like the wider stance, I think that would be the only good thing about them.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've ran DiamondJcustoms spacers in the back for 2 years with no issue whatsover. I'm a 285# guy that rides his bike like it was stolen. I don't do track, but I've done a lot of moderate jumping on the trail, catching 4-5' air and landing hard and never had an issue with the spacers, they are rock solid and I would highly recommend them as a cheap alternative to an axle. The hubs are probably just as good, but I have no experience with them.

I got a deal from a member on here for a 100$ g-force axle and I'm running that now, but I changed mostly because one of the ends of my stock axle had been damaged trying to remove it the first time (it was totally jammed in rust and crud), making the end nut really hard to get in.

As far as the front goes, spacers are a big no-no!!! They mess with the direction geometry pretty bad and will make the bike unpleasant and unpredictable.

I would either go with a-arms (there are some cheap ones out there and you can often find used quality ones for sale on here) or the DiamondJcustoms kit. I still have that one mine and I passed on a set of 300$ +2 housers recently because I'm just happy with my current setup.. If I ever change it it will be to get long travel. Just don't use the diamondj tie-rod extensions, those are definitely aren't built for abuse.

IMHO don't listen to the "a-arms/axle or go home" crowd... there are cheaper alternatives out there that will get you more than your money's worth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had a set of the g force exteded hubs for a short while. the problem that i had with them is that the axle splines are steal and the hubs are aluminium. i had them torqued down to the right settings and the first trip to the dunes shredded those splines on the hubs. left me without anything to ride. they look better than some of the other spacers but you risk not riding.

·
Registered
186 Posts
kinda depends on what you do. i mostly trail ride and wheelies. i have spacers in the rear and other than being more stables you never know they are there. if it were somthing that i jumped allot i would buy and axle

·
Registered
144 Posts
When I got my bike it had rear spacers in their allready, I been beatin' the hell out of em since I got it and haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
If anyone wants to widen the front end, pm me for a drawing of my version of the DJ a-arm mount kit.
I have a couple of mods that make a big difference on the 660.
1, option to lower & widen
2, 1" negative camber.

The Raptor 660 was always too tall to handle well, & the negative camber makes the thing turn like a mofo!

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Its all about what the Buyer feels is right. If there is going to be that little voice in the back of your head worrying about it breaking while you are riding, then spend the extra money and get an axle. If you feel your riding style is sensible, then get the Spacers. As for me i would get the Axle, plus that saves a little rotational weight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
yeah it all comes down to your intended use.I had spacers before in the past and had no worries.I have bought a arms and axle when i use to play on the mx tracks.front spacers can cause bump steer when ridden aggressively but arent bad for the casual trail pace.or playin.dont try bitzing some supercross whoops with them.As far as the rear like somebody mention earlier you wont even notice them.Horror stories about bending ends and what not is just bs.You roll your quad down a hill the axle is gonna bend no matter whose brand it is....just sayin..lol

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Adjustable axcel or you may break either of the othe off seen spacers break a lot very unsafe IMHO.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I YFM 660R about a year. The tuning of the engine no problem. I need advice on the chassis. When I bought rappyho, everything was original. There could not ride. For financial reasons I gave at the rear axle washer 2 x 4.5 cm at the front and 2x 3 cm. The machine turns a little less, but it's still the same. I wonder if behavior improved by wide racing axle, front or arms race. I can not afford everything is right. Thanks for the reply and sorry for my English, I'm from the Czech Republic.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
should I go with spacers or extended hubs on the rear?

Thanks for your answers.
I have used both at different times and both at the same time, I have used wider axles with extended hubs and also with spacers at times to experiment on the oval tracker...............:)

·
#327 "After Hours"
1,130 Posts
I have used both at different times and both at the same time, I have used wider axles with extended hubs and also with spacers at times to experiment on the oval tracker...............:)
lol Willy what was the length of that? 6 foot from tire to tire? Talk about handling!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts