Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Spal fan issues on the gen1 700 are the same for the gen3(2015+)?
I have searched google, youtube, modderaptor, and here, and the latest info I can find is from 2011.
The 12volt wire to the relay supposedly needs swapped to a larger gage, and ran to the battery with an inline 15w fuse, to prevent the fan from cycling on and off.
I have a new Spal fan for my new 2020, but am reluctant to modify any wiring while under warranty.
I also have no idea if 2006-2014 models fan wiring is the same as 2015+.
I know if I put the Spal fan on and it surges on and off, I'll need the mod, but I don't guess when it comes to electrical or numbers.
Anyone???????

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,441 Posts
Warning!!!

to anyone who has UPGRADED to a SPAL fan for their RAPTOR 700

THIS FAN IS RATED @ TOOOOO MANY AMPS!!

The Spal fan work well and moves a ton of air but is rated at too many amps.... you may notice that the unit will cycle ON AND OFF frequently....

THIS IS DUE TO AN AMPERAGE overload!!!!

YOUR BIKE WILL OVERHEAT WITH THIS FAN UNLESS THIS IS CORRECTED!!!!!

The Spal Fan overloads the 12v input to the relay (not the relay itself)

the wire connector is easily removed with an ICE PICK...
once removed CUT the RED wire w WHITE stripe, CAP and tuck back into the harness.... SOLDER ON a new wire(black wire in picture) to the terminal and reinstall.... Run this new wire to your BATTERY POSITIVE.... REMEMBER to use a INLINE FUSE holder rated @ 15 amps

Amps and Wire Gauge in 12V Electrical Circuits

Specifics on sizing wires on a 12 vdc system.
I don't know any updates, but you could connect your new fan to a battery and inline amp meter and check draw, then add maybe 10%. Note the starting amps, as it will be higher then running amps. Then, check the second thread ^^^ link for wire size.
Or, ask Daniel at Cuervo.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response, but the above info still refers to gen1 700's.
I don't know how to find out if the fan circuit was upgraded in the gen2 or 3, or if it's still the same.

I'm also not asking Cuervo either.
And if he knows, then surely someone else does.
As I mentioned before, I bought 3 parts from him, 3 seperate orders, no complaints, then simply and politely ask if his oil drain plugs are magnetic, only to be told, "you're engine already has a giant magnet, it's called the flywheel"(and I screen shotted it).
So he can keep his sarcastic and condesending attitude, my money spends everywhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts